Last updated on February 19th, 2018 at 04:25 pm
This Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes! It doesn’t get any easier than these chicken enchiladas, they’re creamy, cheesy and perfect!
I’ve been teasing you with some pictures from my book, one of them being for this incredible green chile chicken enchilada, so I thought it’s time for me to share this recipe with you all. This recipe is a favorite of mine from the book, but that should come as no surprise seeing how much I love Mexican food.
I’ve tried to make these enchiladas as simple as possible. Many times I will list cooked chicken breast in my recipes, and what I usually do for this is buy a roast chicken from the grocery store, use the chicken breast in the recipe I’m making and have the rest of the chicken with a salad for another meal. This way you don’t waste anything.
This green chile enchilada casserole is also loaded with cheese, which is why it’s one of my favorite recipes. This is so easy to put together, which is why I even made a video for you guys, to take all the guesswork out of it.
For more quick and easy delicious recipes, you can order my “30-Minute One-Pot Meals” book at:
HOW TO MAKE QUICK AND EASY GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA
Do you love enchiladas as much as I do? Give these recipes a try:
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole
- Mexican Rice and Beef Casserole
- One Pot Chicken and Sausage Rice Enchilada
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- White Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 3 springs cilantro chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees.
- Mix the chicken with 8 oz of the green chile enchilada sauce, the green chiles and half of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- In another bowl, stir together the remaining enchilada sauce and the sour cream. Pour half of the sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Take a tortilla, top with a couple of tablespoons of the chicken mixture, then roll it up and place over the sauce in the baking dish. Continue with all the tortillas until they are all filled and rolled.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the tortillas, then sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes before serving.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Here are some products you may need:
Recipe source: “30-Minute One-Pot Meals” Cookbook.