Add to Collection
Go to Collections
My Macaroni Salad recipe is tossed with fresh, crunchy veggies, a homemade creamy dressing, and my secret ingredient: bacon. It's always a hit at the dinner table on a busy week night, a potluck, or a sunny summertime BBQ.
- 4 cups elbow macaroni dry
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 8 slices bacon fried and chopped
- 1/2 medium carrot shredded
- 1 tbsp green onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream, salt and pepper.
Add the macaroni, celery, red onion, bacon, carrot, half the green onion, and the prepared dressing to a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
Garnish with remaining green onion and serve cold.
- This salad will stay good for 3-5 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It's a perfect recipe for making ahead! I find that when the ingredients have a change to sit together and mingle, it gets even more delicious.
- If you plan on serving this salad for guests or bringing it to a potluck, it will be okay for 2 hours at room temperature before you should put it back in the fridge.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 614IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg