Add to Collection
Go to Collections
These easy homemade Popovers are the perfect compliment to nearly every meal. With only 4 ingredients, you need to try this simple, no fail recipe!
- 6 tbsp butter softened, for greasing the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 400°F.
Prep Pan: Grease the popover/muffin tray well with the butter. You can either use softened butter to easily grease the popover cups, or melted butter and use a brush to thoroughly brush the cups. You can pour any leftover butter in the bottom of each cup. Place the pan in the oven and preheat it for 2 minutes.
Blend Ingredients: Add all remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. The batter will look similar to a crepe batter.
Bake: Pour the batter in the preheated muffin cups ¾ of the way through. You should have enough to make 12 popovers. Transfer the pan to the oven on the middle rack and place a large baking sheet on the lower rack, in case there's any spillage. Bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to check them so they don't over-brown. Gently slip them out of the pan and serve.
- The most important recommendation I can give is to make sure you butter your popover pan thoroughly!
- Place a large baking sheet under the popover pan to catch any spillage.
- Make sure to fill your pan ¾ of the way. Any more and your popovers will quite literally "pop" over top of the pan and you'll end up with a big mess!
- I kept these pretty basic, but there are many variations of these popovers! Feel free to make these your own by incorporating some different ingredients such as cheese or herbs.
- There is enough batter to make the 12 to 16 popovers. Usually if I have leftover batter, I'll just makes crepes with the it.
- You can store these churro poppers for up to 1 to 2 days sealed in an airtight container. With that said, they are best enjoyed warm so I highly recommend scarfing them down fresh!
- You can also freeze any leftover baked popovers for up to 3 months! Just store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. To reheat, place the popovers straight from the freezer into a 350°F oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until warm and crispy.
Serving: 1popover | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 331IU | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg