These Strawberry Cookies are to die for! Strawberries and banana in a cookie, what could be better? These cookies transform all the tastes and textures of a classic shortcake into a perfect little bite.
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time25 minutes mins
Total Time45 minutes mins
Course: Breakfast, Cookies, Dessert
Keyword: cookie recipe, strawberry banana cookies, strawberry cookies
Preheat the oven and baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prep the strawberries. Clean and chop the strawberries, place them in a bowl and add the lemon juice over them.
Mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and combine together. Using a fork or knife cut in the butter until the mixture resembles peas.
Combine the wet ingredients. In another bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Add the milk, zest from lemon or orange, vanilla extract and mix.
Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and strawberries to the dry mixture and mix well using a spatula. Do not over-mix.
Form cookies. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough and place on the prepped baking sheet, leaving a couple inches in between the cookies.
Bake and cool. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
- Because the mixture is quite wet, use a cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough, and place it on a baking sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper.
- Adding the lemon juice to the strawberries helps them stay fresh and really adds a nice bright flavor to the cookies! I always opt for freshly squeezed lemon juice – fresh is always best!
- When storing these strawberry cookies, place a piece of bread in the container or bag to keep the cookies fresh. This is the same idea as keeping brown sugar from getting hard.
- Make sure your cookies are completely cooled before storing them. Transfer to an airtight container or ziploc bag. Keep the cookie container at room temperature for 3 to 5 days.
- To freeze your cookies, you can either wrap them individually or place them together in an airtight container or ziploc bag. They will last in the freezer for 3 months. Thaw the cookies at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg