Last updated on January 11th, 2018 at 07:21 pm
These Strawberry Banana Shortcake Cookies are to die for! Strawberries and banana in a cookie, what could be better? These cookies transform all the tastes and textures of a classic into a perfect little bite.
Do you have some strawberries left over? Don’t throw them out! These Strawberry Banana Shortcake cookies are to die for! It’s a sure way to get your kids to get to east some fruits. I love this season, so many delicious fruits to choose from, and strawberries, apricots, grapes, bananas are some of my favorite fruits. Since I love to bake, I always try to incorporate fruits into what I’m making. These cookies are so easy to make and they are so delectable, you will just love them.
You’ll need about 2 cups of strawberries, cut the stems and then cut them in small pieces. Place the strawberries in a small bowl and add the teaspoon of lemon juice over them.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut a stick of butter into cubes and add to the flour bowl.
In another medium size bowl, mash 2 bananas. I had some baby bananas on hand, so I used 3 small baby bananas. They are so cute and adorable. To the mashed bananas add the milk, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
Using a fork or knife, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles small peas. Add the wet ingredients and the strawberries to the flour mixture and mix all ingredients together well. The mixture will be a wet mixture.
Because the mixture is wet, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out cookie dough, and place it on a baking sheet lined with silpat so the cookies won’t stick.
Bake in the oven at 375F degrees for about 25 minutes. When they are done, you’ll have yourself beautiful little jewels that you just want to devour.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Strawberry Banana Shortcake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Clean and chop the strawberries, place them in a bowl and add the lemon juice over them.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and combine together. Using a fork or knife cut in the butter until the mixture resembles peas.
- In another bowl, bash the bananas using a fork. Add the milk, zest from lemon or orange, and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients and strawberries to the dry mixture and mix well using a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough and place on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat.
- Bake for 25 minutes.