Add to Collection
Go to Collections
An incredibly easy Baked Firecracker Chicken recipe that can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes with the most delicious sweet and spicy sauce. Simple, quick, utterly delicious and perfect for busy nights!
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp hot sauce such as Sriracha
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
Prepare oven: Preheat your oven to 450 F degrees.
Make sauce: In a small bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients together until combined.
Apply sauce to chicken: Place chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish and pour half the sauce over the chicken. Brush the sauce evenly over the entire surface of the chicken. Flip the chicken breasts over and pour remaining sauce over. Brush or spoon sauce from the pan over the chicken, making sure it's fully covered.
Bake: Transfer the baking dish, uncovered, to the preheated oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes. The baking time could different depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. The breast is cooked when it's completely opaque all the way through and registers 165 to 170 F on an instant-read thermometer.
Wait and serve: Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite side dish.
- Chicken thighs or drumsticks can also be used. Bake them until the internal temperature reaches 165 F degrees.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition: Nutritional information is based on one breast plus sauce. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1breast | Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 826mg | Potassium: 676mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.2mg