Add to Collection
Go to Collections
3 Ingredient Mexican Rice
3 Ingredient Mexican Rice - your favorite Mexican restaurant style rice at home with only 3 ingredients. This rice comes together in only 15 minutes and in only one pot. Yup, you heard that right!
Prep Time0 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 cup rice I used Basmati
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 10 oz enchilada sauce 1 can
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- tomatoes chopped
- green onions chopped
- cilantro chopped
In a large skillet or saucepan add the rice chicken broth and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stir well, cover the pot, then turn down the heat to a medium.
Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
Season with salt and pepper.
Top with tomatoes, green onions and cilantro before serving.
- I used canned enchilada sauce, but feel free to make your own.
- You can add ground beef, cooked chicken, or prawns to turn this into a full meal.
- Be sure to store this dish as soon as it’s cooled as rice is a breeding ground for bacteria. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. If freezing store this dish in a freezer bag with the air pressed out. Thaw overnight in the fridge and fluff the rice before reheating. This dish will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 797mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg