Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Blue Cheese and Steak Crostini
These Blue Cheese and Steak Crostini are a perfect addition to your holiday party or game day menu. Delicious grilled steak pieces over blue cheese, utterly scrumptious!
- 16 oz steak
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 French baguette
- 6 oz blue cheese crumbled
- fresh parsley or chives for garnish
Season the steak with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for about 7 minutes per side, if you want medium rare, or longer if you like your steak done more. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing it into thin slices.
Cut the French baguette into 1/2 inch slices, about 1/2 French baguette. Place the bread on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and toast for 1 to 2 minutes per side, watch them as they could burn quickly.
Spread about a tbsp of blue cheese on each bread slice, then top with a couple of steak slices.
Garnish with fresh parsley or chopped chives.
- If you don't like blue cheese, you can use something soft like brie, goat cheese or herbed cream cheese as a replacement.
- You can pan fry your steak if grilling isn't an option.
- Just be sure to keep the bread and the toppings separate till you're ready to serve, otherwise they'll get soggy and a little less than appetizing. These toppings will keep for up to 2 days if stored properly in an airtight container in the fridge. This recipe won't freeze well sadly so make these as you need them!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 235.65kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.39g | Protein: 17.34g | Fat: 14.68g | Saturated Fat: 7.67g | Cholesterol: 50.53mg | Sodium: 567.24mg | Potassium: 223.57mg | Fiber: 0.45g | Sugar: 0.24g | Vitamin A: 170.73IU | Calcium: 128.42mg | Iron: 1.5mg