World's Best Cranberry Sauce
Your Thanksgiving table is not complete without this cranberry sauce made from scratch. A hint of nutmeg, lots of orange zest and a bit of vanilla complete this incredible cranberry sauce.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 12 oz cranberries (1 bag), rinsed
- 1/2 cup orange juice store bought or freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange zest
Add all the ingredients to a smaller pot and stir to combine. Turn the heat to a medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to a medium and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You will notice the cranberries will burst as they cook.
Let cool completely at room temperature before serving.
- Store the cranberry sauce in a bowl wrapped with plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Please note the sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Other optional ingredients to add to the sauce are pecans, raisins, cinnamon.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1.3% | Vitamin C: 18.7% | Calcium: 0.8% | Iron: 0.8%