This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
World’s Best Cranberry Sauce – Your Thanksgiving table is not complete without this cranberry sauce made from scratch. A hint of nutmeg, lots of orange zest and a bit of vanilla complete this incredible cranberry sauce.
World’s Best Cranberry Sauce
Perhaps it may be a bit presumptuous of me to name this recipe world’s best cranberry sauce, but it wasn’t me that decided upon this name but everyone who has tried this recipe, so the name stuck. And trust me when I say that it is incredibly delicious, and I’m not usually a fan of cranberry sauce, but I can’t stop eating this one.
As I said, not a big fan of cranberries here, whereas my husband can eat them raw right out of the bag. Please reassure me that he’s not the only one – otherwise we might need to have a chat.
But even if he’s an island all his own, no one can dispute how addicting that tart, bright burst of flavor is. Even if you’re not a cranberry sauce addict, who can deny how perfectly it pairs with moist juicy turkey? I like to smear it on my turkey sandwiches the next day for those crave-able leftovers and let me tell you – it’s a home run.
Ingredients In World’s Best Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberries – Fresh or frozen either works just perfectly for this recipe!
- Orange – The juice today and fresh zest, this will add some acidity and brightness to our sauce.
- Sugar – Just some granulated white sugar, we want some simple clean sweetness to balance out all that tartness.
- Spices – Ground nutmeg is going to round out our sauce nicely, it adds a sweet spiced taste and aroma. It can be substituted with cinnamon if you don’t have any on hand.
- Vanilla – Our flavor secret weapon! Just a splash will bring everything above together. But trust me when I say, the vanilla is the secret ingredient here.
How To Make World’s Best Cranberry Sauce
Assemble the sauce: Add all the ingredients to a smaller pot and stir to combine. Turn the heat to a medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Finish the sauce: Reduce the heat to a medium and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You will notice the cranberries will burst as they cook. Let cool completely at room temperature before serving.
What Else Can I Add To My Sauce?
Lots! This sauce is a good blank canvas so here’s some delicious suggestions.
- Pecans – chopped
What Can I Serve My World’s Best Cranberry Sauce On?
This sauce is so multi purpose – you won’t even believe it. Not only is it delicious on many a protein, but it’s also totally mouth watering when eaten with sweets!
- Roast Turkey obviously! The absolute classic.
- Chicken breast
- Mashed Potatoes
- Fold it into whipped cream and you’ll get a super beautiful bright pink topping for your favorite dessert!
- Spooned over vanilla ice cream
Storing Leftover Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce when stored properly can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge, which is why this is perfect for making ahead. Anything we can do to save time for the big holiday is a bonus!
Craving More Holiday Sides?
- Green Bean Casserole
- Mashed Potatoes
- White Beans With Bacon And Herbs
- Garlic And Herb Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Potatoes With Garlic Sauce
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Roasted Green Beans
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
World's Best Cranberry Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a smaller pot and stir to combine. Turn the heat to a medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to a medium and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You will notice the cranberries will burst as they cook.
- Let cool completely at room temperature before serving.
- Store the cranberry sauce in a bowl wrapped with plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Please note the sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Other optional ingredients to add to the sauce are pecans, raisins, cinnamon.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.