Last updated on June 2nd, 2018 at 11:34 am
This Cranberry Quick Bread is incredibly moist bursting with cranberries and citrus flavor! This Cranberry Bread is quick to prepare and a delicious holiday breakfast or brunch!
Around this time of year I love making quick breads. I can’t believe I just said that, I love making quick breads all the time. They’re simple to put together, but you can customize them for any time of the year with your favorite fruits and different flavors.
For this time of year, cranberries and oranges are perfect, they go great together and they are made for a quick bread such as this. Quick breads are great because as the name says they are quick, usually you can put them together in 10 minutes or less, bake and enjoy. So if you love the flavors of cranberries and orange together then this bread is for you.
I’ve had many quick breads in my life, many good ones, but also many that were dry and lacked flavor. In comes my cranberry quick bread that’s super moist, not too sweet, but sweet enough and lots of citrus flavor. You could also make an orange glaze to go over the top, but I prefer quick breads like this that are less sweet, because I like them for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
You’ll love this bread, every bite will be a burst of flavors in your mouth. I’m going to go ahead and call this a healthier version of a cranberry quick bread because as you’ll notice there is no oil, just a couple tablespoons of butter, and you don’t want to omit the butter because it’s what helps make the bread moist. Overall this is my kind of breakfast I love during the holidays, hope you give it a try, you’ll love it.
For more quick breads, check these out:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Cranberry Quick Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of flour over the cranberries and mix; set aside. This will prevent the cranberries from sinking to the bottom of the bread. If using frozen cranberries, no need to thaw them out.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, eggs, orange juice, orange zest and melted butter. Stir into dry ingredients, do not over mix.
- Fold in the prepared cranberries then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. To test if the bread is done, insert a toothpick into the center of the bread and if it comes out clean, the bread is done, otherwise continue baking. Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan.
- Slice and serve.