This Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread is soft, moist, delicious and loaded with raisins and pecans. Super easy to make and completely irresistible.
I adore pumpkin bread, pumpkin spiced latte, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin cookies, anything pumpkin. Which is why I love this time of year, because it’s pumpkin season. I’ve seen a lot of pumpkin recipes lately floating around the blogosphere of all kinds of crazy pumpkin things and I’ve shared my share of pumpkin recipes.
But nothing makes me feel better than just baking some good old pumpkin cinnamon bread loaded with raisins and pecans.
This is such an easy recipe that I think every single person should have such a recipe in their arsenal. I know there are many different versions of pumpkin bread out there, you probably have your own too, but I just love my version here because it’s so simple, and I’ve cut the fat down to only 3 grams per slice, which is great!
Bread Made Healthy
I’ve talked about this before many times, but you can usually replace the butter or oil required in a quick bread such as banana bread or this pumpkin bread with applesauce and you’ll never miss the extra fat. Your bread will still be nice and moist and still taste delicious. Just give it a try once and you’ll probably never use butter or oil again in such breads.
What Is A Quick Bread?
A quick bread is a bread that uses leavening agents other than yeast to rise. That means that we’re going to bake this more like a cake, with baking powder and baking soda. That means no kneading, no rolling, no resting (till it bakes of course) and a way more reliable finished product for our baking novices!
So don’t fear the bread! Rather, smear butter all over it and devour it.
- Dry ingredients – Flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Wet ingredients – Brown sugar, eggs, canned pumpkin, milk, and applesauce.
- Spices – Just a bit of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, believe me these two flavor bombs are going to take this bread from yummy to scrumptious.
- Mix-ins – Raisins and chopped up pecans for some chew and flavor.
What Else Can I Use In My Loaf?
Feel free to throw in whatever you’d like, just keep in mind that some spices may need to be adjusted.
- Chocolate chips
How To Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, and milk. Add this to the flour mixture and whisk, but do not over mix. Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Finish the loaf: Transfer the batter equally to 3 loaf pans, see recipe notes for more information. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. If you insert a toothpick in the center of a loaf it should come out clean.
How to Tell When Your Quick Bread Is Done Baking
Use a toothpick and insert it in the thickest part of your loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean, the loaf is all done! Is there some batter sticking to the toothpick? Let it bake in 5-10 minute increments, at your discretion, until the toothpick comes out clean.
Test the loaf in a different spot with a clean tooth pick for accuracy each time.
How To Achieve A Perfectly Moist Loaf
The all important rule of thumb when making these sweet breads is to let them rest after baking. Some swear by leaving them overnight, others by just 1 hour – either way you need to make sure it gets some alone time! Usually this doesn’t work too well for me, but go ahead and try.
Once the bread has cooled completely wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. It will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also refrigerate it for up to 6 days.
Wrap the cooled bread tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, then place it in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you froze the pumpkin cinnamon bread, thaw it out at room temperature for about an hour, unwrap it then transfer it to a baking sheet or loaf pan and bake for about 5 to 10 min at 350 F degrees or until heated through.
Craving More Drool Worthy Loafs? Try These Recipes
- Marbled Banana Chocolate Bread
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Pound Cake
- The Best Pumpkin Bread
- Olive Ham and Cheese Loaf
- Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, and milk. Add this to the flour mixture and whisk, but do not over mix. Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Transfer the batter equally to 3 loaf pans, see recipe notes for more information.. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. If you insert a toothpick in the center of a loaf it should come out clean.
- This recipe will yield 3 loaves in 8 inch x 4 inch loaf pans. You could use the regular 9.25 by 5.25 inch loaf pans but I would still divide the batter equally among the 3 pans.
- To store the bread, cover with plastic wrap or place in a plastic bag to prevent it from drying out. If covered this way the bread can last 1 to 2 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it wrapped in plastic wrap then placed in a plastic bag and it can lest 2 to 3 months.
- If you have leftover canned pumpkin transfer it to an airtight plastic container and store it int he fridge for about a week. Some of the liquid can separate but just stir it right back in before using. You can also freeze the pumpkin in freezer safe containers and can last for up to a year.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used. Nutritional information assumes 10 slices per loaf.