Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
This super easy Instant Pot Turkey Breast is made in a fraction of the time and you'll end up with the juiciest turkey breast ever, plus make your own gravy right in the instant pot.
- 4 lbs turkey breast boneless, thawed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half
Drizzle the tbsp of olive oil all over the turkey breast and rub it in. I usually do this so that the spices stick to the turkey breast. Rub the turkey well with the smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Finish with the minced garlic.
Turn the Instant Pot to the high saute setting. (See your manufacturer's guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot). Add the 2 tbsp butter and oil and once your instant pot reaches the desired temperature (the timer will start to count down) add the turkey breast. Sear the turkey breast on all sides. Should take about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the breast to a plate or a cutting board.
Add the Instant Pot's wire rack, then place the turkey on top, as seen in the video. Close the lid (follow the manufacturer's guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Set the Instant Pot to the Manual setting and set the timer to 25 minutes on high pressure.
Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot. Transfer the breast to a cutting board, cover completely with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into it. Make sure to remove the butcher twine before slicing it. If crispier skin is desired, broil it in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
For the Gravy
Turn the Instant Pot to the high saute setting (don't discard the turkey drippings). Add the 2 tbsp of butter and cook until the butter is melted. Whisk in the flour with the butter and cook for a couple minutes, stirring or whisking constantly, until the flour loses its raw smell.
Whisk in the chicken broth and cook and half and half and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until thickened. You can omit the half and half and just use 1 cup of chicken broth or turkey broth. I used half and half for a creamier gravy. Season with salt and pepper as preferred.
- I used a boneless piece of turkey breast, sometimes it comes in a box and it usually has butcher twine all around it. You can of course, use a large turkey breast with bone in - meat side down.
- Please note: NO ADDITIONAL LIQUID is needed in the Instant Pot, however some people have been having issues with their Instant Pot reaching high pressure, so if you wish you could add a cup of liquid, either water or chicken broth.
- I DID NOT use the poultry setting on the instant pot, you must use high pressure.
- Other herbs that you can use and go well with turkey include thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano or marjoram.
- Searing the turkey breast before actually cooking it in the instant pot is an optional step, however, it does give the turkey an incredible depth of flavor, plus it gives it that nice golden brown color. Searing over high heat caramelizes the surface of the meat, giving it incredible complex layers of flavors.
- Slow Cooker Alternative: Season the turkey breast as instructed then place the turkey breast in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Check the internal temperature and make sure it's at 165 F degrees, otherwise cook it longer. If crispier skin is desired, broil it in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve your turkey with:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Crockpot Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Nutritional information includes gravy. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 869mg | Potassium: 614mg | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.8mg