Nutella and Strawberry Wontons – fresh strawberries and nutella paired together in a little wonton wrapper, then fried to perfection. Delicious!
If you were stranded on an island, what food would you want to be stranded with?
I for one would choose nutella and bacon. My two favorite foods in the world. Never tried them together, but separate they are to die for.
My husband bought these gorgeous strawberries and I just had to make something with them. I love this time of year, so many fruits, so many berries.
So I got this brilliant idea! Why not mix strawberries and nutella together. There’s always a jar of nutella in the house.
I pity the fools who have never tried nutella before. You don’t know what you’re missing.
Sometimes I’m a genius. Nutella and Strawberries! I don’t care what you say, but you cannot go wrong. The reason I chose to make fried wantons with nutella and strawberries, is because I had these wantons that I was trying to figure out what to use them for. And when the stars are aligned just right, these 3 simple ingredients, make a wonderful dessert. They are bite size, and what a bite full of flavor.
Then I struggle with the word wanton. Is it wanton or is it wonton? I have no idea. Maybe they are both right.
But I digress again. On to the recipe.
Cut the strawberries in very small pieces.
They look gorgeous. What a beautiful fruit! I had to stop myself at making these, because I could have gone on and on. So I made 28 wantons. It’s up to you how many you want to make. They are so simple to make, it would be something great to do with your children. Place a few wantons on the table and in the middle of each wanton drop about a teaspoon of nutella and about 1 teaspoon of strawberries.
Dip your finger in water and carefully run it across the edge of the wanton wrapper. Then carefully pull one half over the other, making a triangle and press the edge together, making sure the sides are sealed properly. Take the two sides and bring them up and wrap them over each other, using more water if necessary. Now obviously you can wrap these any which way you want. Repeat with the rest of the wantons.
I know I try to stay away from frying things, but I couldn’t imagine these babies baked, not sure how a baked wanton turns out. Anyway you’ll need to fry these in hot oil about 375 F degrees hot for about 2 or 3 minutes each. And that’s all there is to these lovely wantons. You may sprinkle them with some powdered sugar, and then just enjoy eating them.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Nutella and Strawberry Wontons
- 28 wonton wrappers
- 28 tsp nutella
- 1 cup strawberries cut up in small pieces
- vegetable oil for frying
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Lay out the wanton wrappers on the table and in the middle of each one drop a teaspoon of nutella and abut 1 tsp of strawberries.
- Dip your finger in water and carefully run it across the edge of the wanton wrapper. Then carefully pull one half over the other, making a triangle and press the edge together, making sure the sides are sealed properly. Take the two sides and bring them up and wrap them over each other, using more water if necessary.
- Heat the oil on medium to high heat. It needs to reach about 375 F degrees.
- Fry the wantons a few at a time, for about 2 to 3 minutes each.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.