Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms – one delicious appetizer or snack, mushrooms with a delicious cheese mixture, full of flavor!
I’ve often talked about how much I love cooking with mushrooms and how much I adore stuffed mushrooms. This is my 2nd stuffed mushrooms recipe this week, and the 4th on the blog. So obviously I love them. 🙂
And I like a variety. I mean imagination is our only obstacle. So far all the stuffed mushroom recipes here on jocooks are vegetarian. One of these days I’ll try stuffing them with some meat.
But not this month, as this month is vegetarian month here at jocooks. The thing about stuffed mushrooms is that they don’t look too pretty, but they are full of flavor and they make the perfect appetizers. The trick with stuffed mushrooms so they don’t get soggy is to prebake them before actually stuffing them, so that some of the water comes out of them. This is something I always do and I never have soggy stuffed mushrooms.
Another trick I have for not getting soggy mushrooms is to never wash them. I use a mushroom brush to clean my mushrooms and it works great.
This vegetarian version of stuffed mushrooms features a new ingredient I don’t use often in my cooking, and I should; blue cheese. I personally love blue cheese, I like it so much, that my favorite way of eating blue cheese is with some good bread and cherry tomatoes. Yum!
I kow a lot of people may not like blue cheese, but don’t knock it till you try it.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 large brown mushrooms cleaned
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms using a mushroom brush and then gently remove the stems without breaking the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms stems side down on a baking pan and bake them for 10 to 15 minutes until the water leaks out of them. Soak up any additional moisture with paper towels.
- Chop the mushroom stems. In a skillet add the butter and olive oil and heat until butter melts over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add chopped mushroom stems and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and bread crumbs and stir. Add the cream cheese and mix well, until cream cheese is melted and well incorporated in the mixture. Add blue cheese, stir and cook for an additional couple minutes.
- Fill the mushrooms with the filling. I had enough for 24 mushrooms.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.