This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Poppers to die for – with mayo/mustard sauce, perfect snack or appetizer.
Whenever I make anything with chicken at my house, the dog is glued to me. Well it happens with bacon, or pork, OK any meat really. So it’s really hard to cook when you have a little dog by your feet. Oh, you know I love it. I love my little sweetheart. Anyway, chicken is my favorite meat, and as long as it’s not dry I love chicken regardless of how it’s cooked.
These chicken poppers are to die for, with or without the sauce. I call them chicken poppers because they are the perfect bite size. They would actually go perfect with some hot sauce as well. They are lightly breaded in a flower mixture and fried until golden brown. How can you not love them? I am addicted to them, and so is my husband, and let’s not forget the dog. 🙂
These chicken poppers would make a perfect appetizer at a party, or a perfect main entree served with a great salad. Whichever way you serve them, I guarantee you will love them. Fast food in your own home.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. mustard regular prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a small bowl, whisk well and refrigerate until ready for serving.
- Cut up the chicken breasts into small chicken bite sizes.
- Heat up oil in a large pot, over medium heat to 375 F degrees.
- In a large ziploc bag add the flour, sugar, salt, paprika and pepper. Close the bag and shake it so that all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the ziploc bag, close it and shake it until each piece is fully coated in the flour mixture.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the ziploc bag, shake all the excess flour from them and place them in a bowl, until ready for frying.
- Fry the poppers, a few at a time so they don’t get soggy. I divided mine in 3 batches. Fry them for 5 minutes, depending on the size of your pieces, the bigger they are the longer they require.
- After frying, place them on a plate with paper towels to soak up the extra oil.
- Serve hot with the mayo/mustard sauce or with hot sauce.