This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Lemon Garlic Roasted Pork Loin is one of my favorite dishes to make for Sunday night dinners. The lemon and garlic marinade is wonderful and gives amazing taste to the pork loin.
I want to wish everyone a very Happy Valentine’s day and I hope you all spend it with your loved ones, eat good food and have fun.
Personally, it’s Friday, it’s Valentine’s day, and I have a super long 4 day weekend. Life is great. The month of February is all about love, and I love and appreciate all my readers and to show you my love I have one of my favorite Sunday dinner recipes here for you.
Growing up every Sunday we used to have a big meal, nothing fancy, usually roasted potatoes with roasted chicken, or some kind of roast meat. But we all ate together and it was just great family time. Pork was always a staple at our house, as a matter of fact I remember when my dad would buy half a pig or a whole pig and he’d bring it home and we’d make all kinds of sausages, head cheese, blood sausages, pork greaves, and we’d fill our freezer with pork. This was one way for my parents to save money, and we’d have meat from this for months.
But one of my favorite cuts of pork is the loin. I just love it because it’s a leaner meat. My mom is not the adventurous cook so her dishes always used pretty basic spices, but I on the other hand always loved to experiment with different flavors and spices. Although my mom always uses garlic on pork, you can’t have pork with no garlic, she would never think of using lemon on pork. So today’s pork recipe uses lots of lemon and lots of garlic, oregano and a bit of cayenne pepper.
To me cooking is about having fun in the kitchen, trying new things, hey if I don’t like something I won’t make it again, but if I do like it, I’ll make it over and over again. And I love this pork loin. I love the lemon and garlic flavor so much I even made a bit of gravy from it and poured it over the pork. It’s fabulous. My favorite side dish next to a wonderful piece of meat is always roasted potatoes. There’s just something special about roasted potatoes, to me they are home, family and they’re so darn delicious.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Lemon Garlic Roasted Pork Loin
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil for marinade
- 2 tbsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 lbs pork loin
- In a blender add the garlic, olive oil, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, zest and lemon juice and blend until smooth. In a baking dish, put the pork loin and pour the marinade over the pork and turn it over to coat well. Cover it up with plastic wrap and set it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Bake the pork loin for about 1 hour, or until it's no longer pink in the center. Insert a meat thermometer in the center of the pork loin and it should read 145 F degrees when it's done.
- Once it's done, take it out of the oven and cover it up with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes, don't cut it right away, if you do all the juices will run out of it.