Last updated on March 22nd, 2018 at 02:43 pm
Roasted Potatoes With Garlic Sauce – the best roasted potatoes you will ever eat. These potatoes are tossed generously in fresh garlic and parsley, then roasted to golden brown perfection.
Ever since I was a little girl, this version of roasted potatoes with garlic sauce has been my favorite, we basically used to have these potatoes every Sunday for dinner. My mom would always pair this with a roasted chicken and what an awesome dinner that was. Just the thought of these potatoes and this delicious garlic sauce makes my mouth water.
Whenever people ask me about traditional Romanian cuisine, this garlic sauce is the first thing that pops in my mind because we really put it on everything. It’s perfect with any meat, and it’s just unbelievable on roasted potatoes. You can always smell this sauce on people as well, because of the garlic, but if you’re all enjoying this dinner together it no longer matters, you’ll all smell the same. Not to mention garlic is good for you. But trust me when I say this garlic sauce makes all the difference. These roasted potatoes with the garlic sauce is a treat, you’ll love them!
To make the garlic sauce you’ll need a mortar and pestle. Put the garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle and crush the garlic until it becomes a paste. Add the oil, parsley and water to the garlic and mix well. This is a good workout on your arms, trust me.
The way I roast my potatoes, makes them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, they are just perfect. Not to mention they are so easy to make and pretty cheap too. Usually I use a baking sheet and there’s no need to butter it or anything because we’ll add olive oil on the potatoes. Start by preheating your oven to 400 F degrees. Peel and clean the potatoes then cut them into wedges or cubes. Transfer the potatoes to the baking dish, season with salt and pepper, pour the olive oil over them and about half of the garlic sauce and toss well.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are nice and crispy and golden brown.
After you remove them from the oven, transfer them to a big plate and pour the garlic sauce over them, or you can simply use the sauce as a dip.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Roasted Potatoes With Garlic Sauce
- 1 head garlic peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 large potatoes peeled and cleaned
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Put the garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle and crush the garlic until it becomes a paste. Add the oil, parsley and water to the garlic and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut up the potatoes into wedges or cubes. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and add half of the garlic sauce over them. Toss them well then cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes covered. After 30 minutes remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 30 minutes until they turn crispy and golden brown.
- Before serving, pour garlic sauce over the hot potatoes or use the sauce as a dip.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe originally shared April, 2012.