Last updated on June 6th, 2018 at 01:55 pm
These Greek Potato Foil Packs are incredibly delicious Greek style potatoes with fresh rosemary and oregano, lots of lemon zest and lemon juice, olives and garlic then grilled to perfection in a foil pack.
It’s August, the hottest month of the year, but the great thing is that it’s still grilling season and I’m back with a great grilled side dish, Greek Potato foil packs. Here’s the beauty of cooking in foil packs, there are no dirty dishes. You can even eat right from the foil packet. Who doesn’t love not having any dishes to wash? I knew I had you here.
Cooking in foil is really a very old technique, and you can cook in aluminum foil or even in parchment paper, you will get the same results. The idea is that the flavors inside intensify and the food cooks in its own steam, therefore you will end up with very flavorful meals plus, no dishes.
In this recipe I cooked everything in one big foil packet, but you can certainly divide into 4 smaller individual packets. These potatoes, though, are all about the Greek flavors. They’re loaded with fresh herbs like oregano and rosemary and lots of lemon juice and lemon zest, along with garlic and Kalamata olives.
If you don’t want to use baby potatoes, you can use fingerling potatoes or regular potatoes, but I would cut them up in smaller even size cubes, so that they cook evenly and at the same time, so that you don’t end up with some potatoes that are uncooked. To go for the complete Greek flavor here, I also topped the potatoes once they were grilled with some crumbled feta cheese. So good and I’d almost say it’s a must.
You can also choose to bake these if you want, which means these are great even in the winter when it’s cold outside and you don’t want to grill. To me this recipe is a win win, very little prep time, ready in 30 minutes and no dishes to wash. Can’t beat that!
Roasted potatoes make some of the best side dishes. Check out some of my other recipes:
- Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Sauce
- Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Aioli
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Greek Potato Foil Packs
- 1 1/2 lb baby potatoes (I used tri colored baby potatoes)
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled, optional
- You'll need 2 big sheets of foil, about 2 feet long. I like to double the foil to avoid oil or juices from seeping out while grilling. Place all the ingredients into the center of the foil, in the order that the ingredients are listed. You can add the feta cheese at this point or add it after the potatoes are cooked.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the potatoes. Grill over medium high heat for 25 minutes or bake at 425 F degrees for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!