Last updated on June 29th, 2018 at 05:58 pm
One Pan Roasted Honey Orange Chicken and Potatoes with incredible flavors, simple to prepare, everything you want in a hearty and comforting meal.
Since it’s officially December and it’s baking season for me, this is probably the last savory dish, well maybe not savory but the last “dinner” dish you’ll be seeing for a while. With that being the case, I thought I should give you something that truly represents my style of cooking and what I’m all about when it comes to simple but incredibly flavorful meals. This is where this one pan roasted honey orange chicken and potatoes sheet pan dinner comes into play.
Now that’s a mouthful, literally and figuratively. I also think that this dish is perfect for the holidays coming up especially if you garnish it with some pomegranate seeds and parsley. Not only will it impress your guests, but they’ll be asking you for this recipe, trust me on that.
Now let’s talk about these baby potatoes a bit. Usually baby potatoes only require about 20 to 30 minutes to bake, however I wanted these potatoes to get a nice and dark brown color over them and from the honey mixture from the chicken they caramelized on the bottom, which made them incredibly delicious. Totally up to you how you cook them though, you can always just add them about half hour before the chicken is done roasting.
The combination of honey with the chili garlic sauce is so good, and don’t be afraid to add more if you need to. The chili garlic sauce gives a punch of fiery and tangy goodness and adds a lot of freshness too. Then let’s not forget the orange which gives it a bit of citrusy flavor as well. You may also choose to squeeze some more orange juice over the chicken thighs, trust me, you’ll love it!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
One Pan Roasted Honey Orange Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes cleaned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
For Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 6 chicken thighs with skin and bones
- 1 medium orange cut into 1/4" slices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss together the baby potatoes with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Microwave the honey for about 20 seconds just so that it warms up a bit, then whisk it together with the garlic chili sauce in a small bowl. Place the chicken thighs skin side down on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each thigh generously with the honey mixture, then season with a bit of salt and pepper. Flip the thighs over so that the skin side is up and repeat brushing with the honey mixture and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the potatoes around the chicken thighs then place the orange slices overtop.
- Bake for about an hour until the skin is golden brown and the meat easily detaches from the bone. The potatoes should also be nicely baked and golden brown.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and parsley if preferred. Serve while warm.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!