Last updated on January 10th, 2017 at 04:31 pm
Baked Sausages with Apples Sheet Pan Dinner – these pork sausages are perfectly baked together with apples, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots and lots of fresh herbs, all in one pan making it super easy for cleanup.
As an introvert, I long for the days where I can hide in my house and just focus on my work. I dread being on the go all the time, running errands or socializing. Although I can do it for a short while, I’m usually exhausted by the end of the day, if I have to deal with people all day long. It’s on days like this that I just want something easy for dinner and some of my favorite dinners are the sheet pan dinners because mostly all you have to do is throw everything in a pan and bake away. Really can’t get much simpler than that.
Pork sausages with apples make a perfect meal for anytime of the year, in my opinion. And these sausages are roasted to perfection in the same sheet pan with lots of chopped apples, fingerling potatoes and baby carrots, then drizzled with olive oil and honey and loaded with fresh herbs such as sage and rosemary. The aroma in your house as you bake this will drive you crazy.
You can use any type of potatoes if you can’t find fingerling potatoes, but I absolutely love them, so I buy them every time I find them at the grocery store. As far as sausages go, I’d go with a good quality sausage, I got mine right from the butcher. However, I think in this combination, even the little breakfast sausages would work wonderfully.
- 4 large pork sausages
- 2 large apples cored and cut into cubes, I used Granny Smith
- 1 1/2 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp sage leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the apple cubes, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, onion, sage and rosemary. Drizzle the honey and olive oil over, season generously with salt and pepper then toss really well so that everything.
- Arrange the veggies and apples in a large shallow roasting pan. Arrange the sausages in and around the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
If some fingerling potatoes are bigger then others, cut them in half so that they're roughly all the same size, this way they will cook at the same time.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.