Baked Sausages with Apples Sheet Pan Dinner – these pork sausages are perfectly baked together with apples, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots and lots of fresh herbs, all in one pan making it super easy for cleanup and ready in just 35 minutes!
Pork sausages with apples make a perfect meal for anytime of the year, in my opinion. And these sausages are roasted to perfection in the same sheet pan with lots of chopped apples, fingerling potatoes and baby carrots, then drizzled with olive oil and honey and loaded with fresh herbs such as sage and rosemary. The aroma in your house as you bake this will drive you crazy.
There’s also nothing easier than whipping this all up on a sheet pan. This recipe is so perfect for when you’re looking for something quick and easy but still beautiful and full of complex flavor. It’s possible to pull together something that is super tasty but still super easy!
The Deal With Sheet Pan Dinners
Sheet pan dinners are essentially a one pot meal but for the oven. We’re going to cook our nice little sausages alongside some plump little potatoes and apples all on the same sheet pan. It speeds up the cooking process and cuts down on cooking time. I also like this method because it helps with portioning if you’re cooking for one!
Ingredients In Baked Sausages with Apples
- Sausage – Pork sausage is what I’m using today, but feel free to use whichever kind you prefer!
- Veggies – Carrots, fingerling potatoes, and red onion cut into wedges.
- Apples – I used granny smith apples today as they cook the best, be sure to choose something nice and tart.
- Herbs – Fresh sage and fresh rosemary all chopped up. If dried is all you have on hand just keep in mind that 1 teaspoon dried equals 1 tablespoon fresh.
- Liquids – Olive oil and honey drizzled liberally over top.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper to taste.
How To Make Baked Sausages with Apples
- Preheat the oven: To 400 F degrees.
- Prep your potatoes and apples: In a large bowl combine the apple cubes, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, onion, sage and rosemary. Drizzle the honey and olive oil over, season generously with salt and pepper then toss really well so that everything.
- Bake the dish: Arrange the veggies and apples in a large shallow roasting pan. Arrange the sausages in and around the vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Can’t Find Fingerling Potatoes?
You can cut regular potatoes into 1″ pieces if you can’t find fingerling potatoes. If you can find fingerling potatoes keep in mind that some are bigger than others, cut them in half so that they’re roughly all the same size, this way they will cook at the same time.
What Kind Of Sausage Can I Use?
I used pork sausages from my local butcher, but you can use any type that is most convenient for you.
- Italian sausage
- Breakfast sausage
- Turkey sausage
Can I Use Other Veggies?
Of course you can! This dish is actually perfect for bulking up with some of your favorite roast-able toast-able veggies. Here’s some of my favorites.
- Brussel sprouts
- Whole garlic cloves
- Head of cabbage cut into wedges
Storing Leftover Baked Sausages with Apples
You can store this dish in an air tight container in the fridge for 3 – 5 days. I wouldn’t recommend freezing this dish as the veggies don’t hold up well to thawing after cooking.
More Must Try Recipes:
- Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- Salmon with Dill Sauce and Roasted Baby Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- Greek Pork Loin Ribs and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- One Pan Roasted Honey Orange Chicken and Potatoes
- Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Baked Sausages with Apples Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 large apples cored and cut into cubes, I used Granny Smith
- 1 1/2 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 4 links pork sausages
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the apple cubes, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, onion, sage and rosemary. Drizzle the honey and olive oil over, season generously with salt and pepper then toss really well so that everything.
- Arrange the veggies and apples in a large shallow roasting pan. Arrange the sausages in and around the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- If some fingerling potatoes are bigger than others, cut them in half so that they're roughly all the same size, this way they will cook at the same time.
- You can cut regular potatoes into 1" pieces if you can't find fingerling potatoes.
- I used pork sausages from my local butcher, but you can use any type that is most convenient for you. Feel free to even use small breakfast sausages.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.