Brandy glazed carrots – scrumptious baby carrots in a delicious light brandy sauce, perfect side dish to your holiday dinner. Incredibly easy to make and ready in only 20 minutes!
Brandy Glazed Carrots
With so many things happening during the holidays, it’s great to have easy recipes such as these brandy and honey glazed carrots that are fuss-free and a perfect side dish. They’re cooked all in one skillet and you end up with tender, sweet glazed carrots every single time.
What I love most about these carrots is how elegant they look, colorful, shiny and scrumptious. Although these are the perfect side dish for your holiday dinner, I would literally make these any time of the year for any occasion.
- Carrots – I love using baby carrots, but you can totally use regular carrots sliced on the bias about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Butter – butter does make everything better and I really wouldn’t skip it.
- Honey – use your favorite honey.
- Brandy – this is the star ingredients, but for an alcohol free version add some garlic instead and make honey garlic carrots.
- Salt and pepper – use as much or as little as you like.
How To Make Brandy Glazed Carrots
Cook carrots: In a large skillet, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add carrots, cover and cook until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
Make the glaze: In the same skillet, cook butter and honey over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in the brandy and bring to a boil. Cook until the liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
Add carrots and finish dish: Add the carrots, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Heath through and serve.
How To Serve These Brandy Glazed Carrots
These carrots are great as a side to lots of dishes. Here are some suggestions:
- Crockpot Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
- Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Brined Roast Turkey Breast
- Turkey Roast
- Prime Rib Roast
How To Store Leftover Glazed Carrots
Store any leftover glazed carrots in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 5 days.
Try These Other Great Holiday Sides:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Old Fashioned Green Beans
- Sage Sausage Stuffing
- Green Bean Casserole
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Brandy Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- ½ cup butter unsalted
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped for garnish
- Cook carrots: In a large skillet, bring ½ inch of water to a boil. Add carrots, cover and cook until carrots are crisp-tender, about 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Make the glaze: In the same skillet, cook butter and honey over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in the brandy and bring to a boil. Cook until the liquid is reduced to about ½ cup.
- Add carrots and finish dish: Add the carrots, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Heath through and serve.
- Store any leftover glazed carrots in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 5 days.