Last updated on May 9th, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots – these carrots are roasted to perfection with lots of garlic and herbs such as thyme, basil and oregano, creating the perfect side dish.
Before I start to talk about this easy side dish, I want to thank you all for all your kind words in regards to my book. You guys are awesome and I really love you all. In case you have’t left me a comment yet on the cookbook post, hurry up and do it now for your chance to win one of five signed copies of my book. You never know, you could be one of the lucky ones.
Well, we’re still on our road trip, currently in Montreal right now and all I have to say is what a city! It’s so gorgeous and the buildings are incredible. We got a chance to visit Notre-Dame Basilica today and it’s simply breathtaking. Follow me on instagram for pictures and videos from my trip.
Now finally, let’s talk about these garlic and herb roasted carrots. I found these fresh carrots at my local grocery store and I buy them whenever I see them, but if you can’t find these, just use regular carrots, or baby carrots work just as well too. This is an incredibly easy side dish to make and it goes perfectly with any meat you make, like a roast chicken, or pork roast. It’s also perfect for a holiday dinner and even just as a healthy snack. They’re wonderfully seasoned with garlic and lots of herbs such as thyme, oregano and basil, so if you love your herbs then these carrots are for you!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb fresh carrots washed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper together. Sprinkle the garlic herb mixture over the carrots along with the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss everything together, making sure each carrot is seasoned with the garlic and herb mixture.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until fork tender.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Products you may need for this recipe: