Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots – these carrots are roasted to perfection with lots of garlic and herbs such as thyme, basil and oregano, creating the perfect side dish.
Let’s talk about these garlic and herb roasted carrots. I found these fresh carrots at my local grocery store and I buy them whenever I see them, but if you can’t find these, just use regular carrots, or baby carrots work just as well too. This is an incredibly easy side dish to make and it goes perfectly with any meat you make, like a roast chicken, or pork roast.
Maybe veggies don’t get enough love in your household, or maybe you’re a bit stuck on making them the same old ways. I know as a kid my mom used to boil the life out of our veggies and serve them up steaming and completely void of flavor! I swore to never dishonour them the same way in my own.
This ingredient list looks a little long but believe me they have all been combined to best showcase our beautiful little farmers market finds! Besides they’re all herbs! If you’re the type who has a nice big green thumb and needs a way to cook up those carrots your pulled form the garden – then these are going to be your new best friend!
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Carrots – Fresh carrots! I love to pick up some of these little ones from the farmers market and really showcase their sweet, perfect flavor with this dish.
- Herbs – Dried oregano, basil, parsley, and thyme.
- Spices – Garlic powder.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper
- Olive oil – A nice neutral tasting olive to roast our veggies in.
How To Make Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- Preheat oven: To 375 F degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Assemble the carrots: In a small bowl mix the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper together. Sprinkle the garlic herb mixture over the carrots along with the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss everything together, making sure each carrot is seasoned with the garlic and herb mixture.
- Finish the dish: Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until fork tender.
What Can I Serve My Carrots With?
This side dish is perfect alongside some savory mains, pair them up or just eat a big bowl on their own, I won’t judge.
- Roast Chicken
- One Pan Roasted Honey Orange Chicken And Potatoes
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Beer Can Chicken
- Braised Lamb Shanks
- Brined Roast Turkey Breast
This recipe is so easy to make and store! Just refrigerate in an airtight container and it’ll stay fresh for up to a week.
More Must Try Recipes:
- Italian Roasted Mushrooms And Veggies
- Perfect Thyme Skillet Potatoes
- Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Roasted Green Beans And Mushrooms
- Roasted Potatoes With Garlic Aioli
- The Ultimate Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Potatoes Au Gratin
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 pound fresh carrots washed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper together. Sprinkle the garlic herb mixture over the carrots along with the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss everything together, making sure each carrot is seasoned with the garlic and herb mixture.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until fork tender.
- If you use fresh herbs, cook the carrots for 20 minutes and mix them with the herbs for the last 10 minutes of cooking to avoid having the herbs burn.
- This recipe is so easy to make and store! Just refrigerate in an airtight container and it’ll stay fresh for up to a week.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.