These perfectly crispy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts are easy and quick to put together and only call for a handful of ingredients! Best of all they’re ready in only 20 minutes!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Does anyone else think brussels sprouts are an underrated side dish? There’s so many different ways to prepare them, from baking to frying. Regardless of how you whip them up my favorite way to serve them will always be roasted and loaded with garlic powder and parmesan cheese and drizzled with a good olive oil.
What’s The Deal With Brussels Sprouts?
These little veggies belong to the same family as cabbage which probably doesn’t come as a surprise as they look like little mini cabbages! Some people aren’t a big fan of the taste or smell of brussels sprouts, but when prepared properly they are an absolutely stellar side dish! One restaurant nearby fries these bad boys like a french fry and it creates a crispy little morsel, so have some fun with them.
Ingredients In Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This dish is super easy to whip up with ingredients you’re likely to already have on hand! Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Brussels sprouts – Trimmed and cleaned.
- Olive oil – I like to use a nice quality olive oil for this recipe!
- Garlic – Some garlic powder works just fine for this dish to keep it nice and easy. Feel free to use fresh or jarred if you’d like!
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper to taste.
- Parmesan – Nice fresh Parmesan grated right on top.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Preheat the oven: To 425 F degrees.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts: Clean the brussels sprouts by rinsing in cold water, cutting off the end of the stem, and discarding it.
- Combine the ingredients: In a bowl and mix brussels sprouts together with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Finish the dish: Transfer to a baking sheet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if preferred and serve warm.
How Else Can I Make Brussels Sprouts?
There’s so many ways you can make this stellar ingredient shine! I choose to keep things simple today but if you’d like a fancier veggie dish, try out some of these:
- Rosemary Balsamic Baby Potatoes And Brussels Sprouts
- The Ultimate Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Bacon wrapped brussels sprouts – Wrap each sprout with bacon and brush with a maple glaze and bake at 425 F degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Roast them up with carrots, parsnips, and baby potatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper for a great veggie dish.
- Brush them with olive oil, minced garlic, dry mustard, and salt and pepper before grilling them right on the BBQ!
- Bake them with some cranberries tossed in olive oil. Drizzle with balsamic reduction when done and serve warm!
Having Trouble Roasting Your Sprouts?
My brussels sprouts were quite small and roasted whole easily, but if your sprouts are big try cutting them in half or even into quarters before tossing with oil and spices and baking.
What Can I Serve Brussels Sprouts With?
This side dish is perfect alongside some savory mains, pair them up or just eat a big bowl on their own, I won’t judge.
- Roast Chicken
- One Pan Roasted Honey Orange Chicken And Potatoes
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Braised Lamb Shanks
- Perfect Pork Tenderloin
- Brined Roast Turkey Breast
Storing Leftover Brussels Sprouts
In an airtight container these veggies will keep for up to 3 days stored in the fridge. This dish doesn’t freeze well once cooked so if you’d like to store in the freezer, freeze these sprouts raw and follow this recipe once the veggies have thawed. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Recipes Featuring Lots Of Veggies:
- Old Fashioned Green Beans
- Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Sauce
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- Italian Roasted Mushrooms And Veggies
- Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus And Tomatoes
- The Ultimate Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Cowboy Caviar
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper ground
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- Clean the brussels sprouts by rinsing in cold water, cutting off the end of the stem, and discarding it.
- In a bowl and mix brussels sprouts together with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese if preferred and serve warm.