Make the best Crockpot Country Sausage and Bean Soup with this easy recipe. Find other crockpot recipes right here on jocooks.com.
I finally did it! I finally put up my Christmas tree. It’s gorgeous! I forgot to take a picture of it to post it here but I will. I know some of you may think it’s early but not for me. I actually meant to do mine last weekend but didn’t get a chance.
So before I talk about today’s recipe I just wanted to tell you all that starting next week I’m going to do 12 days of Christmas cookies. I was baking for you all yesterday all day long and have got a collection of amazing and delicious cookies that you will want to make this Christmas for your friends and family. You will love them, I promise you, so come and back and check them out.
Now as promised this month I will also share with you a couple more crockpot recipes so here is a great one, a country sausage and bean soup. It’s so freaking easy, I can’t even tell you how much I love my slow cooker. I was able to make this yesterday as I was baking all those cookies, that’s how easy it is. Now I made mine so spiiiiicy because I accidentally put a lot of Sriracha sauce in there, so unless you like it really hot, do as I specified in the recipe, a teaspoon is probably all you need. The flavors in this soup are so intense, those black beans are so yummy and not to mention the sausage. I left my sausage a little chunkier because I like to have something to bite into. You’ll love this soup. Now I didn’t mention this in the recipe, but I love to sprinkle some shredded cheddar on my soup, or some sour cream, so much better this way for me.
- 2 cans (about 14 oz each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup dried black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 4 links reduced-fat country pork sausage
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- basil or cilantro for garnish
- Combine broth, water, beans, onion, bay leaves, sugar, ground red pepper, salt and pepper in crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Remove sausage from casings and cook until it begins to brown, stirring and breaking up large pieces.
- Add sausage to bean mixture in slow cooker, along with remaining ingredients except basil or cilantro. Cover and cook on high for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or basil.