Mini Lasagna Cups – eat lasagna without the guilt.
Every once in awhile I buy these wonton wrappers because I find them extremely versatile. I’ve made several recipes with wonton wrappers, such as my Strawberry and Nutella Wontons, Turkey and Mushroom Rolls, and Mini Apple Pies in Wonton Wrappers. So I thought it was time for another savory recipe with these wrappers.
I actually made these lasagna cups back in January but I never got around to posting it, until now. The meat mixture is exactly the same as I used for my stuffed zucchini, I just made a lot then, so out of it I actually made three different dishes. In either case there’s ground beef, chorizo sausage and spaghetti sauce here. It’s really delicious.
Basically, you just cook the beef in a large skillet until it’s no longer pink, add spices and chorizo sausage. Next pour the spaghetti sauce over it and mix well. Then you coat a 12 cup mini muffin tin with cooking oil. Make sure you spray it well, you don’t want these babies sticking. Arrange a wonton wrapper in each cup and in each cup add a tablespoon of ricotta cheese. Add meat mixture then cheese and voila!
And that’s all she wrote. These mini lasagnas cups are super easy to make and they are extremely delicious. Not to mention they won’t make you feel so guilty as you eat them.
- ½ lb ground beef
- ¼ cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- pinch of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 12 wonton wrappers
- chopped basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a skillet, add the ground beef and cook until it's no longer pink. Add the cumin, salt and pepper to it and stir well. Add the chorizo sausage and spaghetti sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking oil. Make sure you spray it well. Arrange a wonton wrapper in each cup and in each cup add a tablespoon of ricotta cheese. Then take a heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture and add to each cup. And finally add some cheddar cheese, you can't miss the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with basil.
- Serve warm.