This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These flat breads are super easy to make and you would eat them as a snack, but one great way to use them is to make mini pizzas. However, they are simply delicious on their own and that’s how I like them. It was hard to keep these on the plate long enough to take pictures, my husband wanted to eat them all.
In a large bowl add 2 cups of grated feta cheese.
To the cheese add 2 cups of plain yogurt.
Mix the feta cheese together with the yogurt.
In another bowl, mix about 3 1/2 cups of flour with 2 tsp of baking powder. We need to add the flour to the cheese mixture gradually, adding one cup at a time and mix well.
Repeat adding the remaining flour and then continue kneading the dough onto a floured surface, adding flour as necessary.
Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, cut the dough into 6 equal pieces.
Roll out each piece of dough until it’s about 8 inches in diameter. In a large skillet, heat a bit of oil over low medium heat. Place the rolled out dough in the skillet and fry on each side.
You want to fry this on low-medium heat because you want to make sure the dough cooks through, so be patient. When it’s done on one side flip it over and fry on the other side until done.
Repeat with remaining balls of dough. You will love these.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Feta Cheese Flat Breads
- 2 cups feta cheese crumbled
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour up to 4
- 2 tsp baking powder
- oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix the feta cheese with the yogurt. In a separate bowl mix the flour with the baking powder. Gradually add the flour and mix. When the dough gets too thick, turn it over onto a flour surface and continue kneading and adding flour as necessary.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes cut the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll out each piece until it’s about 6 to 8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a bit of oil (less than a tsp) in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add one of the flat dough to the skillet and fry on each side until it’s done, about 5 minutes per side, then flip over and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.