Make the best Crockpot Country Sausage and Bean Soup with this easy recipe. Find other crockpot recipes right here on jocooks.com.
I finally did it! I finally put up my Christmas tree. It’s gorgeous! I forgot to take a picture of it to post it here but I will. I know some of you may think it’s early but not for me. I actually meant to do mine last weekend but didn’t get a chance.
So before I talk about today’s recipe I just wanted to tell you all that starting next week I’m going to do 12 days of Christmas cookies. I was baking for you all yesterday all day long and have got a collection of amazing and delicious cookies that you will want to make this Christmas for your friends and family. You will love them, I promise you, so come and back and check them out.
Now as promised this month I will also share with you a couple more crockpot recipes so here is a great one, a country sausage and bean soup. It’s so freaking easy, I can’t even tell you how much I love my slow cooker. I was able to make this yesterday as I was baking all those cookies, that’s how easy it is. Now I made mine so spiiiiicy because I accidentally put a lot of Sriracha sauce in there, so unless you like it really hot, do as I specified in the recipe, a teaspoon is probably all you need. The flavors in this soup are so intense, those black beans are so yummy and not to mention the sausage. I left my sausage a little chunkier because I like to have something to bite into. You’ll love this soup. Now I didn’t mention this in the recipe, but I love to sprinkle some shredded cheddar on my soup, or some sour cream, so much better this way for me.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Crockpot Country Sausage and Bean Soup
- 2 cans about 14 oz each reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup dried black beans rinsed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 4 links reduced-fat country pork sausage
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- basil or cilantro for garnish
- Combine broth, water, beans, onion, bay leaves, sugar, ground red pepper, salt and pepper in crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Remove sausage from casings and cook until it begins to brown, stirring and breaking up large pieces.
- Add sausage to bean mixture in slow cooker, along with remaining ingredients except basil or cilantro. Cover and cook on high for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or basil.