These CINNAMON ROLLS are soft, fluffy and gooey. They are super simple to make and are filled with the perfect cinnamon mixture! I dare you to eat just one!
Ok, who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Well I do and I love the smell of cinnamon rolls as they are baking more than anything. These rolls are delicious and you can either have them with icing, or no icing. I prefer no icing, considering they have enough calories as it is without the icing, but I did make some because my husband loves the icing. Don’t be afraid of making cinnamon rolls, honestly they are very easy to make.
First we need to get the yeast ready so in a small bowl, add the warm water, yeast and a bit of sugar. Set aside and let it activate for a few minutes. In the mixing bowl of your mixer, add the milk and melted butter. Add the eggs, salt and 1/4 cup of sugar, you don’t have to add a lot of sugar now because we will add more sugar when we make the rolls. Mix a bit and then add the yeast mixture. Mix well so that all the ingredients are well incorporated. Now the only thing that’s left is to add the flour, and we’ll add 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups at a time.
Keep adding flour and mix until done, and knead the dough for a min and shape it into a ball.
Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise and double in size, one to two hours. In the meantime, you can get the cinnamon and sugar ready, so in bowl, add the white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
After about 2 hours the dough should be ready.
Roll out the dough, now I didn’t need to put any flour on the table because I had oiled the dough before so it won’t stick. The dough should be about 3/4 of an inch in thickness. Take the pecan/cinnamon mixture and spread it over the entire dough. Roll up the dough. Pinch the seams together. Cut the dough in about 12 1 inch pieces.
Place the rolls in a buttered 9×13 inch baking dish.
Let the rolls rise for another half hour.
Bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 375 F degrees for about 30 minutes. In the meantime you can make the icing if you want. In a small bowl, mix together butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
After 30 minutes take out the rolls, and trust me by this time, the house smells heavenly. They are absolutely gorgeous. Serve with icing on top.
And now for the printable…
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- In a small bowl add the warm water, yeast a 1 tsp of sugar and let the yeast activate. In the mixing bowl of your mixer add the melted butter, warm milk, 1/4 cup of sugar, eggs, and salt and mix well. Add the yeast mixture and mix.
- Add a cup of flour at a time and mix until you've added all the flour. Knead for a minute.
- Place in an oiled bowl and let the dough rise until doubled in size, may take up to 2 hours.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, brown sugar and the cinnamon.
- After rising, roll out the dough into 3/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Spread with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Roll it up and seal the edges.
- Cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Place the rolls in a 9x13 in baking pan and let them rise for about another 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.