I’m a bit sad! My nice 4 day long weekend is coming to an end. And what a weekend it was, we got so much snow, it snowed for 2 days in a row. Now it’s finally starting to warm just a bit and the snow is slowly melting. Though there is one family member that really enjoys this weather and that is my dog.
Today’s recipe is bacon and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms. I love my stuffed mushrooms and I make them every chance I get. But I do like to try different combinations every time I make them. This time I just had to add bacon to my stuffed mushrooms. So the mixture in these stuffed mushrooms is made with cream cheese, bacon, Panko breadcrumbs, Frank’s hot sauce and onion. They turned out great. They are a bit spicy from the hot sauce, a bit crunchy from the bacon and creamy from the cream cheese.
When you stuff them, make sure you divide the cheese filling evenly among all the mushrooms. I baked them at high temperature at 425 F for 10 or 15 minutes and they turned out spectacular. Hope you try them.
- 12 large white mushrooms
- 5 slices of bacon, fried and chopped
- ½ package (150 g) cream cheese
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- ¼ onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Clean mushrooms and carefully remove stems.
- Fry bacon and discard bacon fat leaving 1 tbsp of fat in the pan. Add chopped mushroom stems and onion, season with salt and pepper and add oregano. Cook until onion is tender and the water from mushrooms stems, if any, has completely evaporated.
- In a bowl add cream cheese, chopped bacon, hot sauce, mushroom stem mixture, bread crumbs, chive and mix well.
- Stuff each mushroom evenly with the mixture and place on a baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until top is crisp.