It’s almost middle of April. This morning was a regular Monday morning, hard time waking up. On the weekends I’m out of bed at 6 am, but no, not when it’s time for me to go to work. When it’s time to go to work, I press that snooze button at least 3 times. As I step outside of the house I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was a winter wonderland. It had snowed all night. Remember I said it’s almost the middle of April. Yet if you were here in Calgary and looked outside, you’d think it was December.
Uh, I just can’t get used to this. It really is beautiful, the snow that is, but honestly I’m ready for spring, heck I’m ready for summer.
But don’t fret! I have the perfect recipe here for just such a day. This cheesy flat bread is phenomenal. It’s superb, well it’s just plain cheesy!
I love cheesy breads, it’s just such a comfort food for me, and it makes me feel so good. I really love this bread. You can spread this cheese mixture on any type of bread really, french loaves, flat breads, pizza dough, whatever you have and no matter what you do it will turn into an amazing and fabulous appetizer. Or snack! Or even dinner! Depends how hungry you are.
- 2 10" flat breads (or a french loaf, cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your to broil at 500 F degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together (minus bread). Lay the flat breads on a baking sheet and spread half the cheese mixture on each bread. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and it's slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm.