You guys, I promise you will love this amazing lemon poppy seed bread. I told you before I don’t usually like Starbucks, but when I do go there there are 2 things I always get. It’s either a non-fat latte or my favorite there, their lemon poppy seed bread. But I guarantee you that my lemon poppy seed bread is way better than Starbucks!
This here my friends, is one yummy and delicious lemony, moist poppy seed bread. That icing, oh that icing is to die for! So if you like lemony desserts you will love this bread.
I’ve been wanting to make this for a long time, but with all the baking I did at Christmas I was putting it off until it was absolutely necessary, like last weekend. Not that I’d need a special excuse or anything to make this.
Don’t you love my new loaf pans? Found these at Target and I especially like them because they are extra long, so you get nice long and a bit thinner breads.
So you all know I love baking, but honestly this bread is so easy to make, I wouldn’t even classify this as baking. It literally took me a few minutes to mix all the ingredients together and there’s nothing more I love than the smell of some delicious bread baking in the oven.
This delicious lemon poppy seed bread did not last long. I thought I was going to have some for breakfast every day this week but I was not so lucky. My husband loved it and it was gone in a day and a half. Of course he’s not the only one to blame, I helped as well. There’s so much lemon flavor in this bread and I don’t know, but there’s just something about lemon and poppy seed together that I just love. Hope you all give it a try and let me know if you enjoyed it as much as we did.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- lemon zest from one lemon
- juice from one lemon
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups (or more) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Grease a bread pan with butter or oil.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk the rest of the ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients into the flour bowl and slowly stir just until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bread pan and bake for 45 min to 1 hour or until you insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- In the meantime whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together, add more lemon juice or powdered sugar as necessary until you get the consistency you want.
- Let bread cool completely before drizzling with lemon icing.