Last updated on March 12th, 2018 at 01:34 pm
This Lemon Orange Cake with Lemon Honey Glaze is a delicious citrusy cake, easy to make and topped with an incredible lemon honey glaze for a little extra tang and sweetness!
You know I love my lemon desserts like Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake and Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf, but it’s the citrus flavor I love so much, so this cake not only has lemon juice it has lots of orange juice as well. What can I tell you about this cake, other than this is for the true citrus lovers out there. It’s moist, it’s citrusy and so freaking good.
This recipe is an old recipe, among my very first that I shared with you here on my blog and it’s one that I’ve been meaning to do over for so many years but never got around to it. The old pictures were horrendous, so horrendous I didn’t even want to leave it around for you to see. Trust me, you’re better off.
I’m really glad I did make this cake again because I’d forgotten how wonderful it is. The cake does have quite a few eggs in it which is why we have this gorgeous yellow color on it, but it’s also quite rich and somewhat dense. However, the citrus flavor really does come through, so to me it still seems quite refreshing.
With this blog, I obviously cook a lot and many times you guys ask me what I do with all this food. To tell you the truth, a lot of it goes to friends and family and I mean a lot of it. But there are some things I just cannot part with, like this cake. I will share it with you if you’re over at my house, but the cake stays here because I love to have a piece in the morning with my cup of coffee.
Because the cake is a bit dense and rich I also made a lemon honey glaze to go with it, because let’s face it, there can never be enough lemon flavor and what’s a bundt cake without some sort of glaze?
So now that you know my favorite bundt cake, anything citrusy, what is your favorite flavor?
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Lemon Orange Cake with Lemon Honey Glaze
Lemon Orange Cake
Lemon Honey Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk in the orange and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, use the paddle attachment to mix the butter and sugar together for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- To the bowl of your mixer add the lemon juice, orange juice, milk, the eggs and mix to combine. Begin adding the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Mix for a couple minutes until the batter is smooth and all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 min to an hour until done. Check the center of the cake with a toothpick and if it comes out clean it's done.
- To make the lemon honey glaze whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Let cake cool on a wire rack. Once cool, drizzle the cake with the lemon honey glaze and decorate with additional lemon or orange zest if preferred.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!