Be the hit of any party with these super delicious buffalo chicken in puff pastry. Easy and pretty impressive.
It’s been a hot week here in Calgary and I’m glad to see it’s finally cooling down just a bit. I never would have thought that I would complain so much about how hot it is, me who loves summer and hates winter. Oh how I long for a cold winter day now. Why is it that we always want what we don’t have? I just remind myself that it could be worse, there could be humidity.
So since it cooled down a bit, just a bit a couple degrees or so, I decided to turn the oven on and make these buffalo chicken pastries. I was craving the flavor of buffalo chicken so these puff pastries sounded like a great idea. Working with puff pastry is very easy and I have done many such recipes using it. Puff pastry is great for desserts and savory pastries.
Puff pastry is very versatile. I love it because it’s so light and flaky. Many times I’ve thought about making my own, but then why bother when you can buy it. But I think once I will be brave enough and try. I don’t think it’d be much different than the croissants I made.
Anyway like I said I have many recipes with puff pastry here at JoCooks, so check them out if you like working with puff pastry as much as I do.
What’s your favorite puff pastry snack? These buffalo chicken pastries are really great. I hope you try them and let me know how you like them.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 small chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl mix mix shredded chicken, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and roll out each sheet of puff pastry into a rectangle about 15 inches by 8 inches.Cut each sheet into 6 equal rectangles.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the chicken mixture to each rectangle and fold each rectangle to seal the edges using a fork. Repeat this with remaining puff pastry and chicken.
- Place each puff pastry on the baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so, making sure to check during the last 5 minutes, so as not to burn them.
- Serve plain or a buffalo dip.