This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Be the hit of any party with these super delicious Buffalo Chicken Puff Pastry Pockets. Easy and pretty impressive.
It’s been a hot week here in Calgary and I’m glad to see it’s finally cooling down just a bit. I never would have thought that I would complain so much about how hot it is, me who loves summer and hates winter. Oh how I long for a cold winter day now. Why is it that we always want what we don’t have? I just remind myself that it could be worse, there could be humidity.
So since it cooled down a bit, just a bit a couple degrees or so, I decided to turn the oven on and make these buffalo chicken pastries. I was craving the flavor of buffalo chicken so these puff pastries sounded like a great idea. Working with puff pastry is very easy and I have done many such recipes using it. Puff pastry is great for desserts and savory pastries.
Puff pastry is very versatile. I love it because it’s so light and flaky. Many times I’ve thought about making my own, but then why bother when you can buy it. But I think once I will be brave enough and try. I don’t think it’d be much different than the croissants I made.
Anyway like I said I have many recipes with puff pastry here at JoCooks, so check them out if you like working with puff pastry as much as I do.
What’s your favorite puff pastry snack? These buffalo chicken pastries are really great. I hope you try them and let me know how you like them. 🙂
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Buffalo Chicken in Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl mix mix shredded chicken, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and roll out each sheet of puff pastry into a rectangle about 15 inches by 8 inches.Cut each sheet into 6 equal rectangles.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the chicken mixture to each rectangle and fold each rectangle to seal the edges using a fork. Repeat this with remaining puff pastry and chicken.
- Place each puff pastry on the baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, making sure to check during the last 5 minutes, so as not to burn them.
- Serve plain or with a buffalo dip.