These Nutella Berry Crepes are sweet and delicious, stuffed with Nutella hazelnut spread, strawberries and raspberries. They’re pretty healthy too, you’ll love them!
I have been making crepes for as long as I can remember. If you think that’s strange, remember I’m from Europe, and crepes are probably as popular there as the American pancakes here. So when I tell you it was totally difficult for me to put the recipe together for crepes, I’m telling you the truth.
As I said I’ve been making crepes since I was a little girl, my mom taught me long time ago and it was our dessert of choice on weekends. We served it with any kind of jam and it was loved by everyone. But because I’ve been making these for so long, I usually just put the ingredients together in the mixer and add more flour and milk as I go along until I have the right consistency which is a lot thinner than pancakes.
The only thing with crepes is that you have to have a bit of patience as you’re making them, or just reduce the batter if you only want a few. However, we love crepes and they are so versatile that I never make just a couple crepes. I usually make a full batch which probably makes about 15 crepes and I’m not lying to you when I say they are gone within a couple hours.
Usually we just fill them with Nutella or any kind of jam but I’ve been dying to fill them with strawberries and Nutella. So I did and BAM! Winner! I also threw in some raspberries because I happened to have some and I adore them, so strawberries + raspberries + Nutella = LOVE!
So my friends if you’ve never made crepes before I strongly urge you to try these because you will love them. Oh and you can make them savoury as well, you don’t have to fill them with sweet stuff only, you can fill them with chicken and mushrooms and whatever combination may go through your head.
Watch the video and see just how easy this is to make your own crepes!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- butter for cooking the crepes
- strawberries, chopped
- Nutella hazelnut spread
- Mix all the crepe ingredients in a mixer really well and let sit for a few minutes.
- In the meantime heat a non stick frying pan with a ½ tsp of butterl really well. It is very important that the pan is very hot.
- Pour ¾ of a ladle of the crepe mixture into the pan and spread the mixture to cover the entire pan, by rotating the pan. Leave about 1 to 2 min per side then flip over.
- Repeat steps until you've prepared all the crepes.
- Spread Nutella over the entire crepe and top with fresh strawberries, raspberries, or the berries of your choice, roll and serve.