These Greek Flatbreads are easy, they’re quick, healthy and oh so delicious. Perfect for a summer lunch or even a snack when you’ve got the munchies.
I have an easy recipe for you today. Anyone can do it.
It’s healthy, delicious and you could probably get it ready in about 5 minutes and have it ready to eat in 15 minutes, so how bad can it be? I mean it’s summer, sort of, and this recipe is very summer-ish so it’s perfect.
But let me ask you something. Are you a fan of artichokes? I have to admit I don’t cook with them often, but I thought they’d be perfect on these flatbreads and I was right. I bought a can of artichokes and used maybe about half of it on my flatbreads. I didn’t want the artichokes to be overwhelming because hubs is not crazy about them, but honestly once baked and with all those other wonderful ingredients, the artichokes are not overwhelming.
I added some of my favorite Greek salad ingredients here like my favorite Kalamata olives, tomatoes, green onions, and feta cheese. You know what’s wonderful about these flatbreads? You don’t really need a recipe and anyone can do it. So if you’re missing an ingredient don’t fret, use whatever you’ve got in the fridge.
- 4 pita breads or naan
- 1 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup canned artichokes, chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place pita breads in single layer on baking sheet.
- Top with artichokes, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until heated through.
- Garnish with onions and parsley and season with freshly ground pepper.