One Pot Quick Chili Pasta Wonder! A delicious, hearty quick and comforting meal in under 30 minutes.
I know some of you may think that chili is mostly a fall/winter dish but I beg to differ. At least with this chili!
This chili is quick and can be made in under 30 minutes, so I don’t know about you but I know that when I come home from work, I want something quick, hearty and delicious because I’m starving. And this chili delivers on everything. It’s a one pot quick chili pasta wonder!
There’s just something special and comforting about a piping hot bowl of chili, no matter how hot it is outside. And it’s been hot outside but I’m loving every minute of it.
The ingredients are simple and you probably have everything on hand already. I for one love a big bowl of cheesy chili not to mention with some elbow pasta in there. It’s the ultimate comfort food.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry elbow pasta
- 10 oz tomato sauce
- 26 oz can chopped tomatoes, I used Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 2 tbsp canned green chiles, chopped
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
- In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, cook the beef with the garlic and onions until beef is no longer pink.
- Add in black beans, green chiles, ground chili powder, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, elbow pasta and bring to a boil over medium to high heat. At this point you might want to season with salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Serve topped with some cheddar cheese.