Delicious Shrimp Scampi with Bacon over noodles. You must try this recipe if you love shrimp scampi, the bacon adds that extra bit of flavor that is to die for.
Well it’s time for some seafood dishes, so I decided to make some shrimp scampi. The term scampi is the name of a dish of shrimp served in garlic butter and dry white wine, served either with bread, or over pasta or rice, although sometimes just the shrimp alone. Now my husband is not a big fan of pasta dishes, but I wanted him to eat this as well, so I thought the best way to get him to eat this is to add some bacon.
I also added some cherry tomatoes to this, just because I love them. Let me tell you, it turned out amazing and I loved every bit of it. I used one medium size onion and about 5 garlic cloves. Finely chop up the onion and garlic. I had some medium size shrimp that were precooked. I cleaned them up and removed the tails, just because I hate having to remove the tail from these little shrimp when I eat. I don’t want anything getting in my way. You’ll need about 5 slices of bacon, fried and chopped.
Start by melting the butter in a large skillet. Once the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and saute. At this point, I also start cooking my pasta. Cook the onion and garlic for a couple minutes.
Add the bacon to the skillet. My secret ingredient, add some hot sauce, gives it a nice kick.
Next add the white wine, and juice of half a lemon. Add the tomatoes to the skillet.
Add the shrimp next.
Let it simmer for a few minutes. Add the green onions to the skillet. Stir everything well together, and really it just needs to cook for a minute, everything is already ready. It’s looking gorgeous. Next I pour my shrimp scampi over the noodles I just boiled. Here I used linguine noodles, but you can use fettuccine, or whatever pasta you have on hand.
This was smelling so good, my poor dog was going nuts and was in the kitchen with me all the time, hoping for that piece of bacon to fall. Stir it all up a bit and serve it hot with some fresh Parmesan cheese.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic finely minced
- 5 strips bacon fried
- 5 green onions
- ¾ lb shrimp
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup white wine
- juice of ½ lemon
- hot sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- pasta noodles (your favorites)
- Fry the bacon. Place the fried bacon on paper towels to soak up the fat. In the same skillet add the butter and melt. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute.
- Chop up the bacon and add it to the skillet. Add hot sauce. Saute for a couple minutes, then add the white wine and juice of half a lemon. At this point you may add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes and shrimp to the skillet and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the green onions and cook for another minute.
- Pour of your favorite pasta, or use rice if you prefer it.
- Serve hot with fresh Parmesan cheese.