Zucchini has many health benefits. Some of these benefits include lowering cholesterol, lowering blood pressure, cancer prevention, heart attack and stroke prevention and it’s also very low in calories. Now besides all those benefits, I simply just like zucchini, I like them added to salads, added to soups or here’s one of my favorite ways to eat zucchini and that is to stuff them.
These stuffed zucchinis are super easy to make, and I think they just look great, I think they look very impressive. These zucchinis would be perfect stuffed with mushrooms, and that way you’d have a completely vegetarian meal. However, I had some left over ground meat from the nachos I made so I decided to fill them with the ground beef mixture.
I used 3 large zucchinis for this recipe. Wash the zucchini first, then cut the zucchini lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the zucchini.
As I said I used some leftover ground beef I used for the nachos, so the mixture is made up of ground beef, chorizo sausage and to this I added a bit of spaghetti sauce. You will need about a cup of this meat mixture.
If you wanted to make this a vegetarian meal, you could use the flesh of the zucchini mixed with mushrooms and some chopped onions and it would be just delicious. Anyway using a spoon, fill the zucchinis with the meat mixture.
Now I had some goat feta cheese, and feta cheese is one of my favorite cheeses, if not my favorite. Pair this feta cheese with tomatoes and you’ve got yourself a winner. So for these zucchinis I also used some shredded cheddar cheese, because it melts nicely, so I topped the zucchinis with a bit of cheddar cheese first, to which I added some feta cheese and tomatoes.
They already look so delicious and are not even baked yet. Bake these babies for about 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 375 F degree oven. Now it all depends how you like your zucchini, but I like to still have a bit of crunch to mine, if you don’t, then bake them a bit longer.
Garnish them with some parsley and they are ready to be enjoyed! Yum!
- 3 large zucchini
- ½ lb ground beef
- ¼ cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- pinch of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup feta cheese, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a skillet, add the ground beef and cook until it’s no longer pink. Add the cumin, salt and pepper to it and stir well. Add the chorizo sausage and spaghetti sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Wash and cut the zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh.
- Fill each zucchini half with some of the meat mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, feta and tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.