This Lemon Chiffon Cake is very light and soft and it’s topped a delicious lemon glaze. From breakfast to dessert this chiffon cake will be a crowd pleaser all the time.
I know you guys were waiting for a dessert recipe from me, so I aim to please. I have a very pretty and super delicious, full of lemony flavor chiffon cake for you today.
The other day I went shopping at Target and I just can’t help myself from looking at kitchen stuff. So I happened to find myself in the baking isle and looking at bundt pans. I don’t know about you but I’m in love with bundt pans and their pretty shapes. But this time I bought a simple chiffon bundt pan and I couldn’t wait to get home and bake a chiffon cake. And that’s just what I did! But don’t worry, later on hubs ordered me a gorgeous rose bundt pan which I am super excited to try this weekend. I just have to think of a recipe worthy of such a beautiful pan.
Anywho, enough about bundt pans. Let’s talk chiffon cakes.
Ever make one before?
No? Well you’re not alone. I’ve only made them a couple times before, but I simply adore them. Chiffon cakes are so light, and they’re usually made with vegetable oil and are made soft and fluffy by beating egg whites until stiff and folding them into the batter. Trust me, all that work is worth it. The cake itself has a lot of lemon flavor but I also added some lemon glaze, which I’ll be honest with you and tell you it’s not really needed. There’s plenty of lemon flavor in the cake itself. However, if you don’t serve it with the glaze you might find it a bit dry, so you could serve it with whipped cream, or with some fruits or berries. Nutella!! Yes you can serve it with Nutella too, let’s not forget that. What’s that you say? Lemon and Nutella? Yes! I love Nutella with everything! That’s just how I roll.
But I love this cake for breakfast, I love it for dessert, it’s simply perfect. And isn’t it so pretty?
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Lemon Chiffon Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 eggs separated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl, add flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Add oil, egg yolks, lemon juice, water and lemon zest; whisk until well combined.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of whipped egg whites into the batter to lighten. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites until mixture is combined; do not over mix or batter will deflate. Pour into ungreased pan; tap gently on counter to release air pockets.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Invert pan immediately after removing from oven and allow to cool completely. Run knife around the sides and center of cake to loosen.
- For glaze, combine butter, zest, powdered sugar, juice and vanilla in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and spread with spatula. Glaze will set hard within 30 minutes.