Pistachio Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache – perfect cake for St. Patrick’s day. Soft, chocolaty, delicious and topped with pistachios.
I made you guys cake. Green pistachio cake for St. Patty’s Day! It’s the easiest cake you could make using cake mix and pistachio pudding. So simple and you end up with such a gorgeous bundt cake that’s soft and delicious. Love it!
I did make a killer chocolate ganache to go with it and topped it with more pistachios. Did I mention pistachios are my favorite nuts? I love their saltiness, I think that’s what it is, it’s the saltiness that I love so much.
I did make another St. Patrick’s day dessert which I will share with you guys in my next post, I made yummy chocolate mint oreo cookie trifles, they are to die for. But let’s focus on this cake because it is fabulous.
This isn’t the first time I mix pudding with cake mix and I love the texture of the cake. It’s really spongy, soft and fluffy. These types of cakes are perfect for quick desserts. Although they may be quick and easy to make they sure don’t look it. I love bundt cakes and recently I’ve been going crazy buying all different size and shapes of bundt cake pans, been driving hubs crazy.
The chocolate ganache is quite simple to make, only requires a few ingredients, butter, cocoa powder, powder sugar and milk. I also added a bit of almond extract because it’s also in the cake, I could have added vanilla extract but I thought the almond extract would go better. This is my favorite recipe for chocolate ganache, I’ve used it before many times, it’s perfect for a Texas sheet cake.
What are you favorite desserts for St. Patrick’s Day?
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Pistachio Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box instant pistachio pudding mix 3.4 oz
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- a few drops green food coloring to get the color you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, mix together the cake mix and pudding mix. To it add the eggs, oil, almond extract, water and your green food coloring. Beat for at least 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes after which you can turn out onto a cake tray.
- In a small sauce pan, add butter, milk, and cocoa powder and turn the heat to low. Whisk occasionally until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Do not let boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar and almond extract.
- Pour warm frosting over the warm cake. Top with pistachios.