Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:31 am
Asparagus Potato Hash with Steak and Eggs! Delicious Hash made with asparagus, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peppers, steak and eggs. It’s the breakfast of champions for any day of the week or a super quick dinner meal.
It must be a man thing. Meat and potatoes. My husband’s favourite meal, as well as any other man out there. Don’t get me wrong I love meat and potatoes myself, however it’s not something I could eat all the time. Not my husband, he can actually eat meat and potatoes all the time, as well as sandwiches. I supposed I should consider myself lucky, it does make it super easy for me whenever we don’t know what to make for dinner, we turn to sandwiches.
But on Easter Sunday morning, I wanted a special breakfast and wanted to make hubs happy, and I knew this would totally make him happy. And I have to be honest here, I love potato hash myself. It’s such a simple dish too. I’ve had this asparagus in the fridge for a few days now and didn’t have a clue what to do with it so that’s how I decided to throw it in with this hash. Great decision, it was really great with this hash.
I also had some leftover steak so it was a great addition here. Now I threw in a chile pepper for some kick but feel free to skip it if you’re not into spicy food. All in all this is an awesome breakfast. My kind of breakfast.
Asparagus Potato Hash with Steak and EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 small sweet potato cut in small pieces
- 2 medium potatoes cut in small pieces
- 1 small bell pepper chopped
- 8 asparagus pieces chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 small steak thinly sliced (cooked)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size skillet heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the potatoes and the cubed sweet potatoes and cook for about 7 minutes. At this point add the bell pepper, asparagus, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the steak.
- Crack the eggs on top of the hash or cook them separately and add them to the skillet. If you add the eggs on top of the hash you need to place the skillet under the broiler for a couple minutes until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.