This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crockpot Parmesan Honey Pork Roast – delicious pork roast that melts in your mouth, a little bit sweet, a little bit salty. Makes a wonderful dinner.
I missed my crockpot! I haven’t used it in a few weeks and every time I’m in the kitchen and I see it on the counter, it makes me feel guilty. How can a crockpot make me feel guilty?
So I promised it that this weekend I was going to give it a good use. And I did!
You may think that Parmesan and honey might be a weird combination, and it might be, but there’s also soy sauce in there, basil, garlic powder and salt, so when you mix it all together, somehow it works. And when you cook the pork in this weird sauce, you get some out of this world pulled pork. Well mine is pulled pork, because I wanted to shred it and make sandwiches with it, but you can slice it up and eat it that way. The leftover sauce in the crockpot makes the most delicious and flavorful gravy, which is what I did with it, mixed it with some cornstarch and it became a wonder. It’s smooth and silky and sweet and salty.
As I was working hard in the kitchen shredding the pork, the poor dog was going crazy. The hand model made her sit in her place just so he could take a picture of her, but look at that look on her face. Have you seen a bigger beggar? When I see that face I can’t help myself, she looks so sad and if I didn’t know any better, you’d think the poor thing never eats, but as you can see she’s not a skinny dog by any means. As a matter of fact she’s laying next to a milk bone which she devoured after the photography session was finished, and after she had her portion of pulled pork.
She almost looks as if she was trying to will the pork to come to her, but the force wasn’t with her this day. Fortunately for her the force was with the greater one, the hand model, who fed her pork. Yes we give her people food, only sometimes. We’re those kind of people. But I blame her, she’s a great manipulator! Isn’t she a cutie though?
So as the dog was being photographed, I actually got a chance to shred this pork in peace and make the silky gravy. What can I tell you about this pork? It melts in your mouth, it’s a bit sweet from the honey, salty from the Parmesan, it’s pork, doesn’t that in itself say it all? Pork! It’s where it’s at!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Crockpot Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
- 1 3-4 lb pork loin boneless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese powder kind, the cheap kind
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- leftover sauce
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sear the pork on all sides just until it has a nice golden brown color.
- In the mean time, in a small bowl, whisk together the Parmesan cheese, soy sauce, honey, salt, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, water and dried basil.
- Place the pork roast into your slow cooker. Pour sauce over the pork.
- Cook on low for about 7 hours or on high for about 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the pork roast to a cutting board and cover with foil while you make the sauce. There will be a lot of juice left in the crockpot, I didn't need it all, I used about 2 cups which I skimmed the fat from and added the water and cornstarch and cooked for a couple minutes until sauce thickened.
- Shred the pork or cut into slices and drizzle with sauce. Serve over mashed potatoes, or with a side a salad. Also great on sandwiches.
- Recipe adapted from Joyously Domestic