Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:36 am
Cajun Honey Pork Tenderloin – sweet and spicy pork tenderloin that’s super tender and simply delicious.
You know what’s a super quick and delicious meal?
Seriously! And it’s very versatile, you can make it so many different ways, it’s wonderful. This little pork tenderloin was amazing. I decided to make it sweet and spicy. You can make it more or less spicy, depending on how much spiciness you can handle, just adjust the Cajun spice.
We loved this pork tenderloin, it was full of flavor and it was cooked to perfection. To get it so that it’s perfect on the outside and perfect on the inside, you have to sear it first on all sides until it’s crisp then put it in the oven so that it cooks in the middle. You’ll end up with the perfect piece of meat.
The recipe for Cajun spice below will make 6 1/2 tbsp of spice, you only need about 1 tbsp for this recipe so keep the rest for later use.
- 2 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of cajun spice from above
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for the cajun spice and set aside.
- Season pork tenderloin with cajun spice. In a oven proof skillet melt butter and add honey over medium to high heat; stir.
- Place tenderloin in skillet and sear on all sides until browned and crisp. If you find the butter/honey starts to burn, turn heat down.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until pork tenderloin is done in the middle.
- Remove pork from skillet and cover it with aluminum foil. In the mean time, add water to skillet and cook until sauce thickens and starts to reduce, about 5 minutes.
- To serve slice pork tenderloin and drizzle sauce over it.