This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Beef and cheese Nachos with Chorizo sausage – cheesy, meaty, yummy! The perfect snack for a Super Bowl Sunday party.
One of my favorite things to get at a restaurant is nachos. Great cheesy nachos with a big strawberry margarita is my idea of a good time. It’s perfect if you’re out with a couple girlfriends, or your significant other. It’s a great food to share while enjoying great conversation. However, I’m not always in the mood to go out to a restaurant so sometimes I make them at home. It couldn’t be easier. I know they’re not very healthy but it’s something you have every once in awhile, perfect example would be for a Superbowl Sunday party, perfect to share with your loved ones. Just don’t forget the margaritas or the mojitos. 🙂
So when my husband says he’s in the mood for nachos, well I am more than happy to make them. For these nachos I used some chorizo sausage for some extra flavor. I chopped up the chorizo sausage into small pieces and in a hot skillet I added the beef and cooked it until it was no longer pink. Add the cumin, chili powder and salt and mix. Next add the minced garlic and chorizo sausage and cook for another 5 minutes.
Now I chose to use a pizza tray for this but you can use any oven safe dish you want. So next we need to add a layer of nachos then a layer of the beef and chorizo sausage. Top with cheese and jalapenos. I decided to use a southwest shredded cheese for this which is a blend of cheddar, mozzarella and monterey jack cheese seasoned with chipotle and chili peppers. This to me is the perfect cheese for nachos. Add another layer of nachos, followed by another layer of beef and chorizo sausage and topped with cheese and jalapenos.
Now the beauty of nachos is that you can top them with whatever you want, you can add tomatoes, olives, onions, peppers, etc. Whatever you’re in the mood for. Bake these nachos in a preheated oven at 500 F degrees for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted nicely.
They are delicious. Sometimes it’s good to be bad and enjoy a nice plate of nachos. 🙂
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage (chopped in small pieces)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt (to taste)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups southwest cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, monterey jack cheese, seasoned with chipotle and chili peppers)
- Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef until it’s no longer pink. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and mix.
- Add garlic and chorizo sausage and cook for another 5 minutes.
- On a pizza tray start with a layer of nachos. Top with half the meat mixture and top 1 cup of cheese and half the jalapeno pepper. Repeat with another layer of nachos, meat, cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.