Jumbo Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins are one of my favorites. Enjoy this simple recipe of blueberry muffins with your family.
Blueberry Muffins are one of my favorites. When I was in university, I used to have a blueberry muffin almost every morning for breakfast in the student center’s cafeteria. I did not like any other food there, but the blueberry muffins were the best. I still love them with a cup of coffee in the morning, there’s just nothing better. These muffins were huge, they were full of blueberries and they were delicious. I’ve been trying many recipes since then trying to perfect the blueberry muffin based on how I remembered them and I finally got it.
They are very easy to make and as you bake them, your house gets filled with the most wonderful smell. Your neighbors will be knocking.
My husband could not stop eating these muffins and all he could do is mutter with every bite how good they are.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Jumbo Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Grease and flour your muffin pans or use muffin liners.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the butter which should be at room temperature and the sugar and beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing then add the buttermilk and the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the mixture in the bowl and start mixing slowly and continue until is nicely incorporated. The mixture should quite thick. Toss the blueberries in a little bit of flour, so they don't sink to the bottom of the muffins, and add to the batter and using a spatula stir until the blueberries are nicely incorporated in the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter, if you want bigger muffins or high dome muffins, fill up the muffin liners all the way to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until nice and golden brown.