Burgers with Guacamole aka “The Beast” – a delicious and huge burger with guacamole and cheese.
Summer is here which means barbecue season is here. We love to barbecue and I’ve been craving burgers because I haven’t had one in a very long time. This burger turned out unbelievable, and it was so huge, I just had to name it The Beast. So I believe there’s no need to mention how easy it is to make burgers, I wanted to make this one extra special, not with your typical tomato, lettuce, ketchup or mayo. I wanted my burger with guacamole and boy, was I right on this one. This is money, why didn’t I do this before, it is a wonderful combination.
Let’s get down to business, shall we? Start with some nice lean ground beef and mix it with your favorite spices, normally I just use, salt and pepper, some cumin and some oregano. I used about a pound of meat here, so from a pound of ground beef, I made 3 huge burgers. Of course, you can make 4 or 5, just make the patties smaller. But you won’t be able to call your burgers The Beast.
Put the burgers on the grill, and in the meantime you can make the guacamole. Now this guacamole was super simple. Start with one avocado and one tomato.
Using a fork mash the avocado in a small bowl. Chop the tomatoes into small cubes and add it to the mashed avocado. Add juice of half a lemon to the bowl and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together and place in fridge until ready to assemble the burgers.
So my husband was in charge of the barbecue, and we also barbecued a couple corn on the cobs, a couple portobello mushrooms and some eggplants for my renown eggplant salad.
Once you flip the burgers, place a nice thick slice of provolone cheese on top and it will melt nicely. At this point you can also grill the bread buns, if you choose to. To assemble the burgers, place the beef patty with melted cheese on the bottom of the roll, and add a nice dollop of guacamole on top and put the top bun over the guacamole. Voila! You have The Beast! I dare you to eat this and think of eating anything else with it. It is a super meal on its own. I thought I could eat the corn on the cob or the grilled portabello but I was wrong. I thought I could finish The Beast off! The Beast won, thank God I have a dog, and my darling Mia is always eager to help me finish off a good juicy burger.
But it was good, as much as I could eat from it, it was truly enjoyed!
More Delicious Recipes To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Burgers with Guacamole aka “The Beast”
- 1 pound ground beef ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 avocado
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 burger buns
- Start by mixing the ground beef with the salt and pepper, cumin and oregano. Shape into 3 big patties.
- Place patties on grill and grill for about 5 min per side. Once you turn the patties over, add the slice of cheese to each patty and let the cheese melt.
- Grill the buns for about 1 min each.
- To make the guacamole, mash the avocado, add the chopped tomato, juice of 1/2 lemon and salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- To assemble the burger, place the patty on the bottom half of the bun, add a big dollop of guacamole on top of the cheese and top with the top bun.