This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With a hint of cinnamon, some cocoa, and drizzled in chocolate this chocolate cinnamon cake will satisfy your taste buds. Perfect for when you need a chocolate fix!
I teased you a little in my last post by talking about choosing between this cake recipe and the broccoli recipe, but it’s now finally time for this cake!
I also told you I’m sort of going through my bundt phase right now. It’s true! I love my rose bundt pan. Hubs bought this for me and I could not wait to use it, but I wanted a delicious cake as well for it. I decided on this chocolate cinnamon cake. And because it was not enough on its own I added more chocolate on top. I had some pink chocolate which I melted and drizzled it all over. You can’t see it that well, but it’s there. Then I said to myself “Self, I think this needs more chocolate!”. So I looked in my pantry and I have mountains of chocolate chips in there. The life of a blogger means a very well stocked pantry. I should take a picture one day and show you. I have pounds of chocolate chips alone.
For this cake I decided to use both white and dark chocolate chips to just make it look prettier. After all, it’s a rose and I’m all about making cakes look pretty.
First you need to admire this cake in all its beauty without any extras on it. The bundt cake sure did its job. When I got this cake out of the pan I was so happy and squealed with delight like a little girl. Seriously.
Now I understand you may not have pink chocolate in your pantry like I did, so don’t worry about it, you can use regular chocolate chips and just melt them and drizzle all over the cake. You can even skip this part and just sprinkle with some powdered sugar over it.
How did it taste, you ask? Like heaven! If you love chocolate and cinnamon this cake is for you. The cinnamon doesn’t overwhelm, it’s faint but you can still tell it’s there. But it is a very chocolaty cake. This cake is perfect for when you need that chocolate fix. Seems like lately I need my chocolate fix on a daily basis, well you know what I mean.
So let’s eat cake!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Grease a large bundt pan with cooking spray. Add the butter, water, oil, and cocoa to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the buttermilk and baking soda. Mix together the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl, and add to the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until you insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and it comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Recipe source: Vintage Victuals