This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers combine simplicity with deliciousness! Featuring perfectly air-fried lemon pepper-marinated chicken generously brushed with a rich, buttery garlic parmesan sauce, it’s a flavor-packed adventure for your taste buds!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers Recipe
Few recipes can rival the charm of these delicious garlic parmesan chicken skewers. They feature lemon pepper marinated chicken skewers generously coated in a delectable garlic parmesan sauce right before serving. This simple dish embodies the epitome of culinary excellence with a mixture of zesty and rich flavors with a touch of spice!
But what makes these skewers truly remarkable is that all the magic happens in your air fryer! That means incredibly tender and juicy chicken with minimal effort and almost no cleanup. So, if you’re in search of a flavor-packed, fuss-free dish that’s also versatile, I invite you to break out your air fryer and give these tasty garlic parmesan chicken skewers a try!
Why You’ll Love These Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers
- Effortless Recipe! Perfect for busy weeknights or last minute gatherings, with just a handful of basic ingredients and an air fryer even novice cooks can whip together this simple recipe!
- Layered In Flavor! These garlic parmesan chicken skewers leave you craving more with the zesty lemon pepper-marinated chicken balanced by the rich garlic parmesan butter sauce.
- Versatile Dish! You can serve these chicken skewers as a main course with sides such as potatoes, pasta, or rice. But you can also serve them over salads or as party appetizers.
- Chicken Breasts: I used boneless skinless chicken breasts, which are lean and perfect for skewering. If you prefer dark meat, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs as a tasty alternative.
- Olive Oil: Use extra virgin olive oil to add rich and fruity flavor to the marinade.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice brings a zesty, citrusy kick to the dish.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning: Provides the brightness of lemon with the boldness of black pepper. If you don’t have it on hand, you can make your own lemon pepper seasoning.
- Garlic: Infuses the marinade with a robust, aromatic flavor. Always use freshly minced garlic cloves for the best results.
- Salt: Enhances the overall flavor of the chicken.
- Unsalted Butter: Butter forms the base of the delectable sauce. It’s important to use unsalted butter to control the saltiness of the finished dish.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic adds yet another layer of garlicky goodness to the dish.
- Parmesan Cheese: Contributes a salty, cheesy element to the sauce.
- Fresh Parsley: Adds a burst of vibrant green color and a herby note.
Say goodbye to kitchen stress and hello to flavor-packed simplicity! This recipe teaches you how to transform ordinary chicken breasts into an incredibly tasty dish with minimal effort.
Start by making the flavorful marinade! Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, minced garlic, and a sprinkle of salt in a large mixing bowl. Then add the chicken pieces and toss them in the marinade until fully coated.
Now, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put the chicken in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Remember, the longer the chicken marinates, the more flavorful it will be.
Next, preheat your air fryer to 380°F (193°C), if necessary. Check the manufacturer’s guide for your model to determine if you need to do this step.
After you’ve marinated the chicken, start threading the pieces of meat onto wooden skewers. Then place the skewers in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overlapping or touching. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in batches.
Next, slide the basket into the air fryer and cook the skewers for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time. When done, the chicken will be golden brown and fully cooked.
While the chicken is air frying, you need to make the tasty parmesan garlic sauce. First, melt the butter over medium to low heat in a small saucepan. Next, add the garlic and saute it for just 1 minute until fragrant. Then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and chopped parsley until fully combined.
When done, remove the cooked chicken from the air fryer and brush the skewers with the savory garlic parmesan sauce. Then serve your garlic parmesan chicken skewers immediately with extra remaining sauce on the side for dipping and a Greek Salad if you like!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make baked garlic parmesan chicken skewers?
Yes! Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the skewers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Remember chicken only needs to reach 165°F (74°C).
Why are my skewers dry?
Skewers can turn out dry if they’re overcooked or if the chicken isn’t marinated for a long enough time. To prevent this, be mindful of the cooking time and flip the skewers halfway. Also, marinate the chicken for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
Is chicken thigh or breast better for skewers?
Both chicken thigh and chicken breast have their merits. Chicken thighs tend to be juicier and more forgiving in cooking, making them a great choice for skewers if you prefer darker meat. Chicken breasts, on the other hand, are leaner and cook faster, resulting in a slightly different texture. The choice depends on your preference.
Air Fryer I Use
Cosori Classique Dial 5.8qt Air Fryer with Skewer Rack Set
- Marinate the meat longer. Consider marinating it for several hours or even overnight to allow the flavors to fully penetrate the meat. The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be.
- Soak your skewers. If you’re using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading the chicken onto them. This prevents them from burning in the air fryer.
- Uniform size pieces. Try to cut all the chicken pieces about the same size. Just like my chicken kabobs cooked on a grill, it helps the meat to cook more evenly.
- Cook in batches if needed. When placing the skewers in the air fryer basket, make sure they are not overlapping or touching. Proper spacing allows for good air circulation and even cooking.
- Check the doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should reach 165°F (74°C) to be safe to eat.
To store garlic parmesan chicken skewers, allow them to cool to room temperature, and then wrap them in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. Then you can store them in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For reheating, you have a couple of options. You can reheat them in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 3-5 minutes or in an oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes. Of course, the microwave always works too!
Discover More Chicken Recipes
- Sheet Pan Lemon Honey Garlic Chicken
- Creamy Butter Lemon Chicken
- Hot Honey Chicken
- Marinated Chicken Spiedies
- Szechuan Chicken
- Huli Huli Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and toss until they are fully coated in the mixture. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours for best results.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (190°C). If your air fryer requires preheating.
- Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Arrange the skewers in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don't touch or overlap. Spray them with a bit of cooking spray if you wish, I do because I think it helps make them a bit more golden. You may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Cook the skewers for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- While the skewers are cooking, prepare the garlic Parmesan sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley until well combined.
- Once the skewers are done, brush them with the garlic Parmesan sauce.
- Serve the skewers hot, with extra sauce on the side for dipping if desired.
- Optimal Cut: Ensure chicken pieces are uniformly cut to about 1-inch size for even cooking and easy skewering.
- Marinating Magic: The longer the marination, the deeper the flavors. If you’re short on time, even a quick 30-minute marinate can still be tasty!
- Wooden Skewers: Don’t forget to soak your wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning during cooking.
- Air Fryer Capacity: Be mindful of not overcrowding the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking of the skewers.
- Sauce Save: Reserve a bit of the garlic Parmesan sauce before brushing it onto the cooked chicken for those who love extra dipping!
- Herb Freshness: Garnish with a fresh sprinkle of parsley for a vibrant color and refreshing burst of flavor before serving.
- Check for Doneness: Ensure chicken is fully cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) using a meat thermometer.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.